Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my Marauder Home

Finally got my Marauder Home

Well, the last 48+ hours have been very busy. I finally have myself a Marauder after waiting 2+ years of wanting one. And it happens to be the "Jut right" one.

Anyway, I flew to Chicago Friday afternoon and was met at the airport by Peter (Mr. Johnson). We had a nice ride from the airport to Naperville in his Marauder. That was a nice road trip. Got to the dealership and found the salesman. He took me over to the car which was sitting off to the side all cleaned up with a full tank of gas. We looked the car over and took it for a quick test drive. I couldn't have asked for a better car if I was driving it off the lot new.

Went back to the dealership and did the paper work portion. While I was doing that, Peter ran home and got his supercharged Lexus. NICE CAR, Peter!!! Finished the paper work, finally, and drove off the lot in my "new" Marauder. Peter and I went and got a bite to eat and then he showed me to the highway and we parted ways.

This was about 9:00pm and I ended up driving a couple hours until I got just inside Iowa and found a hotel to crash at for the night. Got a first floor room and had the car parked right outside my window. Unfortunately the A/C was not working in the room and I was too tired to ask for a different one. So I left the window open. At least I would hear if anyone tried to take it.

Got up Saturday morning, checked out, got gas (18 mpg on the first tank, but not sure it was completely full to start with), and grabbed some breakfast. Then got on the road for the rest of the trip home. That was pretty uneventful, but I did get a couple of chances to open her up and she runs good. Had to show 4 hot University of Iowa girls in a Honda Civic what a Marauder can do on the open highway...

I was smiling pretty much the whole trip home. And even giggling a couple of times. Got back to Des Moines and stopped by a buddies house to show him the car. Then finally got myself home. The wife and kids came out to check out the car. Then I unpacked the car and spent about 20-30 minutes putting the JLT cold air intake on that was sitting on the front porch when I got home!!! That things sounds cool when it starts sucking air!!!!

Then had to change an extremely dirty diaper on the 2 1/2 month old and then went and washed the car. Then the whole family went to Porky's in Des Moines (big car hang out on Saturday nights with good food). Parked the car in the lot (only Marauder there) and had a lot of people - of all ages - checking it out. Then got her home for the night.

Definitely going to enjoy this car. Not only did I get the JLT CAI on yesterday, but also got the black Bob White decals on the rear bumper and the Marauder bumper bid on. Then today picked up some Sylvania Silver Star headlight bulbs and got them put in tonight. Still waiting on my Pro Gard from Dennis and the CVPI wheels and trunk organizer coming from TheDealer. Then I plan on picking up an XCal2 and will be getting the windows tinted this Friday. Last 2 items for this year will be the Pirelli winter tires and an alarm/remote start.

Got about 22 miles per gallon on the second half of the trip home and that was running the A/C, cruise set about 75-77mph, and a couple higher speed blasts, and a little in town driving. All in all, not too bad gas mileage as far as I am concerned.

I need to send a HUGE thanks out to the following:

1) Peter - thanks for the ride from the airport, showing me around some, and eating dinner with me. And for refusing any money for gas or letting me pay for dinner. You are a true gentleman with a couple of nice cars. THANKS

2) Ehrich - thanks for taking the time out of your day to take pictures of the car for me a couple weeks ago. And thanks for the voice message and offer for ride from the airport and then following up with my Friday night to see that everything went well.

3) SergntMac - thanks for the voice mail on Saturday morning. I am sorry I did not call back. I accidently deleted the message with your number and couldn't find my sheet with the number you gave. Thanks for wondering how it went and wishing me a safe trip.

It is people like you guys that made the decision to get the Marauder instead of something else that much easier. I love this place and love my new car!!!!

OK, thanks for listening to me...

Well, I came back and edited this before I got the: This thread is worthless without pics....

This is the car back home, cleaned and sitting in the driveway. I have one of me by the car at the dealership, but it didn't turn out too good. There are more in the gallery:

Last edited by Eric91Z; 09-11-2005 at 07:08 PM.
    Eric

2004 Silver Birch Marauder - Sold 04/17/09:
    - #2703 of 3213 '04 Marauders
    - #852 of 987 Silver Birch Marauders
    - Born On Date: 04/23/04
    - Warranty Start Date: 08/11/04
    - MINE as of: 09/09/05

2003 CVPI - Daily Driver
    - Purchased 05/29/07

Congrats and Good luck with your new ride. Enjoy.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Congratulations, I can tell you honestly that the 3 years of owning this car have been great fun, eventful, made some really fine friends...enjoy your car!!!
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

Talking

what a great story. brought tears to my eyes to her a grown man talking like a kid in a candy store.

Matter of fact I was in Naperville on Labor Day weekend, visiting in-laws. I knew about your previous thread and was looking for the dealership. I think they were taking good care of your car keeping it hidden away.

Good to hear you made in home and the car will bring you plenty of joy, especially in the modding stages. later.
    SILVER 04MM

Thanks for the update good to hear you and the MM had a safe trip.

Quote Originally Posted by huot5
    Matter of fact I was in Naperville on Labor Day weekend, visiting in-laws. I knew about your previous thread and was looking for the dealership. I think they were taking good care of your car keeping it hidden away.
    Yeah, that seems to be the case as Peter said he drive by there once looking for it and did not see it anywhere either. I am glad to hear that. While the communication might not have been the greatest, they did seem to do a good job taking care of the car and taking it out of the used lot once the deal was made.
    Eric

2003 CVPI - Daily Driver
    - Purchased 05/29/07

Congrats on your purchase. Glad to hear al went well and you were taken care of to your satisfaction. Enjoy your new ride.

Smiles for miles
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

oh yeah, and the weather was awesome too. compared to Miami, FL. lol.

I have a brother in law in Warrenville (nearby) and went to a really neat car show there a few summers ago.
    SILVER 04MM

Congrats on your purchase. It already sounds like you're having a good time with her. The addiction only gets worse.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

Glad you enjoyed your first road trip! A stock Marauder really excels on the open highway.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

Congratulations, Eric! Let the modding begin!
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric91Z
    CVPI wheels
    What will you use these wheels for? Would those 16 inchers fit. Also, will they not affect the speeddo?

Anyway, I am really happy that you not only got a Marauder but that you got a nice one in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shora
    What will you use these wheels for? Would those 16 inchers fit. Also, will they not affect the speeddo?

Anyway, I am really happy that you not only got a Marauder but that you got a nice one in good condition.

16 inch steel wheels for winter tires. Speedometer will be very close with the correct size 16 inch tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval
    16 inch steel wheels for winter tires. Speedometer will be very close with the correct size 16 inch tires.

What he said...
    Eric

2003 CVPI - Daily Driver
    - Purchased 05/29/07

You found one awesome Marauder and low miles too gotta love that enjoy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast