Thread: Radio DSP function

Question Radio DSP function

I was looking through my owners manual last night and reading about the DSP function. The book indicates that the sound could be changed to emulate a concert hall, stadium, etc. Following the directions, I can't get my radio to show any of these. Mine only shows ALL SEATS, DRIVER SEAT, and REAR SEATS.

I noticed in the PDF version of the manual, all references to the other settings have been left out.

Does anyone know if this was an option, or the radio changed, or anything about it?

Just curious..Thanks
    "Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien

We don't have it. They screwed up in the first manual.

Angry

"What you see is what you get".....
    There is no DSP function on our radios!

Gotta Love It!
    "Best of Show"
    MARAUDERVILLE IV
    ORLANDO, FL
    11/11/06

Member #1031
    Brand New 2003 "Black over Black" 300B
    Conceived 2/25/03
    Born 3/21/03.. "7002 of 7838"
    Home 5/26/03 showing 19 miles!

TRILOGY (Eaton M-112) Supercharger #152
    ALTERNATIVE Automotive (Xcal-2) TUNE
    K&N AirCharger... Part No. 63-1111
    FLOWMASTER Super 40's with stock Megs tips
    FoMoCo OEM Rear Spoiler/Black Titanium SS inserts
    FORD GT Coil Covers (Ford Blue)
    FormulaONE Window Tint "Pinnacle Series-35"
    METCO DS/Loop

1972 Buick Skylark 350 Hardtop Sport Coupe
    Antique Gold with Dark Saddle Vinyl interior
    "Last of the original Muscle Cars" bought NEW(7/5/72)
    and still kickin' ass!

They discontinued it because some people would play with their radios and change it by mistake to something like the concert hall sound . Then they what run back to the dealership to complain that the radio was broke!

I should add that it is NO big deal losing the DSP function, it didn't sound all that hot on these radios anyway. Am just keeping my fingers crossed that someday they'll put back the JBL sound system that was offered in the Grand Marquis years ago. Now that was a radio! $$$
    Last edited by tomd; 10-25-2003 at 09:20 AM.
    2003 Marauder 300A Owner
    Born 6/2/02
    Came home with me home 6/24/02
    [img]

dsp IS DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING, and our radios have it. that is why we can choose driver seat, all seats or rear for the seating position timing. this times the sound so which ever you chose is the center. they took off stadium, hall, etc. cause of complaints on the echo effect they have.
    2003 - black w/ dark charcoal 300a. polished full size spare, carpeted lid trunk organizer - 2w7z-54115a00-aa, black rear spoiler - 2w7z-5444210-aab, matte black door edge guards - yw7z-5420910-ba, all weather molded vinyl black floor mats - 1w7z-5413086-ha (front) & 1w4z-5413106-ca (rear), Gorilla spline drive chrome plated locking lug nuts, Kenwood kfc-6808c 6x8 3-way speakers in front & rear, Kenwood kfc-1705 6.75" subwoofer, Clarion Proaudio DXZ-835 CD receiver, Clarion Proaudio DCZ 6-disc CD changer, Clarion SIRCL Sirius satellite radio tuner, Superchips tuner, Borla cat back exhaust, SVO rear girdle (T/A performance) & stud kit, Dynotech MMC racing driveshaft, B&M 3 quart+ aluminum finned tranny pan.

TripleTransAm Guest
    Like a true engineering geek, I have my own little s/w application I wrote (based on a real analog circuit I built back in 1987) that does a few modifications on music sound files, which I use before burning my own CDs. One of the functions of this s/w is the enhancement of the locations of individual instruments based on phase information in the mix... on some songs it can really spook you by making it seem like there's a musician right there in the car with you.

So I don't really need that concert hall function anyway.

(anyone who knows Pink Floyd's The Wall will note the quiet desperate "sigh" that is audible just moments before the opening notes of "Mother". When processed through my little gadget at the right setting, it's downright eerie... sounds like someone is sitting right by your shoulder and sighing into your ear. Very wild... your brain literally expects to feel the breath in your ear, but doesn't)

Thread Information