Thread: Monroe Magnum 550055

Monroe Magnum 550055

These shocks are listed on RockAuto as fitting a '03 CVPI. I know the Marauder has the rear air suspension but the shocks should theoretically fit, yes? I only ask because they are not actually listed on the RA catalog as fitting a Marauder.r

Anyone here running them? How do you like them?

'03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Monroe Magnum 550055

Quote Originally Posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    These shocks are listed on RockAuto as fitting a '03 CVPI. I know the Marauder has the rear air suspension but the shocks should theoretically fit, yes? I only ask because they are not actually listed on the RA catalog as fitting a Marauder.r

Anyone here running them? How do you like them?

Offhand, I’d think they would, but there MAY be a difference because of our rear air bags also lifting the car. (?)

I have a set of KYB’s I got from Rockauto sitting in my garage. Unlike the last item I bought from them that didn’t come close to being the right part, and was actually something made for a model that isn’t even sold in the US, I hope they actually fit.
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    I have a set of KYB’s I got from Rockauto sitting in my garage. Unlike the last item I bought from them that didn’t come close to being the right part, and was actually something made for a model that isn’t even sold in the US, I hope they actually fit.
    Funny you'd mention that. I've never had an issue with RA. But my buddy is fixing a GMQ LS HPP that I'll be buying from him, and ordered a full complement of cooling system hoses. They sent him a totally incorrect kit, just this past week. Weird.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    Funny you'd mention that. I've never had an issue with RA. But my buddy is fixing a GMQ LS HPP that I'll be buying from him, and ordered a full complement of cooling system hoses. They sent him a totally incorrect kit, just this past week. Weird.
    It wouldn’t be so bad but they have zero customer service people to talk to, none (to “keep our prices down.”). They sent me a starter solenoid for a Nissan engine that is only sold in Latin America. When I tried to return it and specified the wrong part, the return form kept defaulting to that I just didn’t want it, so I ended up losing money.

The first three years and 10 parts I ordered from them they had spot on, but as they’ve gotten bigger they seem to have more screw ups. The last few times I needed something I just went to Napa and paid more. At least I know it’s the right part.

Keeping my fingers crossed they sent me the right shocks for the MM.
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Thread Information