Thread: Shudder

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    Send a PM to 88grandmarq...he's the transmission guru here. If you are using Mercon V, and have done so since the flush, you shouldn't be experiencing shudder due to depleted fluid in such a short time. It *may* be a torque converter issue.

Just for the sake of completeness, verify you are actually experiencing TC shudder by doing the following little test:

Leave O/D on. When you start to experience the shudder, keeping your foot steady on the gas, use your other foot to gently tap the brakes, just enough to light the lights. If the shudder stops immediately, then you likely have TCC shudder. If it does NOT, then you may have a misfire.
    I'll see if I can get a hold of 88grandmarq. He does know his stuff.

I'll try that test tomorrow. However, I predict it will be very hard to do. The "shudder" I'm experiencing is one singular bucking motion. It is not multiple hiccups or shuddering. Since it is one quick buck, I don't know if I'll be able to properly diagnose using that test.

I've seen many people, including guys on Ford truck forums, say that it can be related to a bad COP or the plug itself and can commonly be misdiagnosed. Ugh...
    Last edited by HotRaud90; 06-03-2018 at 09:04 PM.
    2003 Black 300A
    Adopted: 4/26/14

Mods:
    Mo's Tune - K&N CAI - 4.10 FOMOCO gears - Reische 170* T-stat - NGK TR6 Plugs - Flowmaster 40s - MuscleMerc's 3" Fuel Filter Mod - Addco Front and Rear Sway Bars - TCE SS Brake Lines - Cooper RS3-G1 - Factory Spoiler - SS Bumper Inserts

Thread Information