Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up for owners of small pets

Exclamation Heads up for owners of small pets

Was just outside with my two mini-wiener dogs while they did their constitutional. Looked up in one of the big trees and there sat an immature bald eagle(no white head feathers) eying us all. Eyed him back and called the dogs to come closer. He lost the staring contest and flew away. He certainly looked like he could have flown away with a wiener dog. So fair warning with the rebound of the eagles pet owners need to keep an eye on the sky.

Wow. There are a few hawks that hang around over by me, haven't seen the eagle yet. Did see a large black bear on the way home Wednesday night. Have seen one coyote by the house, and can hear more in the valley at night. Don't know if they'll travel to your neck of the woods.

I take one of these when I take my dog out, safety first....

.357 and .454 casull, both suitable for predatory animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Jealous!
    I'm too lazy to get my NJ paperwork done.
    Not many people know about .454 casull. I spent hours lusting after a freedom arms revolver when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I take one of these when I take my dog out, safety first....

.357 and .454 casull, both suitable for predatory animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I think you'd be justified protecting one of your pets I can't even begin to think about the s**t storm shooting a bald eagle would raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    While I think you'd be justified protecting one of your pets I can't even begin to think about the s**t storm shooting a bald eagle would raise.
    Very true. There are large political and legal ramifications of shooting a bald eagle. A larger water gun or a garden hose kept nearby will deter predatory birds. A bear or a wolf would be a different story.
    Last edited by Ambitious1; 11-28-2020 at 09:50 AM.

I have more issues with coyote's and hawks, have seen a couple bald eagles, but they are scarce in my parts.

There do seem to be a proliferation of idiots with large pit bulls running off leash, knew a lady who got killed by a pair of pit/bull mastiff mixes, .454 would have ended that confrontation, with -0- you know what given.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I live in South Central Kansas, about 15 years ago there were bald eagles nesting in a dead cottonwood tree on the Ninnescah river. This tree is about 1/4 mile South of our house. One afternoon I was leaving the house and noticed that one of the bald eagles was flying away with one of our cats. The grey cat was maybe 3 or 4 months old. It was an interesting site to see the eagle fly overhead while hanging on to our cat. Later the tree fell down and we no longer see the eagles. I miss them.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

Coyotes patrol the golf course behind my house. I see them with rabbits all the time. My dog is 9 lbs so my wife worries constantly. Hawks too. And owls.

2 swans have recently disappeared. Probably the coyotes.

IN Alaska one came and took my fish... Saw a shodow out of the corner of my eye (I was focused on the fish) and Bam.... Out of the sky came this... Marauder... Who simply claimed my fish and flew off. Its' shadow on the water scared away all of the other fish for over an hour.

Since then I have been a little more aware of air attacks. Thanks for the reminder!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    Very true. There are large political and legal ramifications of shooting a bald eagle. A larger water gun or a garden hose kept nearby will deter predatory birds. A bear or a wolf would be a different story.
    You may be in doo-doo for mere possession of one Eagle feather
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKWHEAT View Post
    You may be in doo-doo for mere possession of one Eagle feather
    ^^^The TRUTH Right There!!^^^
    No Marauder

Blog Entries
    Grab the attacking dog by both hind legs and throw it. A dog cannot fight with out it's hind legs.

Dogs are excellent detectors of fear, show fear and you become their prey.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

He lost the starring contest, because he's NO MATCH for a MARAUDER Owner.... We're too SAVAGE!
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbob View Post
    I live in South Central Kansas, about 15 years ago there were bald eagles nesting in a dead cottonwood tree on the Ninnescah river. This tree is about 1/4 mile South of our house. One afternoon I was leaving the house and noticed that one of the bald eagles was flying away with one of our cats. The grey cat was maybe 3 or 4 months old. It was an interesting site to see the eagle fly overhead while hanging on to our cat. Later the tree fell down and we no longer see the eagles. I miss them.
    A customer of mine who lived in Waldorf, Md. told me that his full grown cat got snatched up off his back lawn by a Bald Eagle when he was on the far side of the yard.

He said that the Eagle got up to about 40 ft and then dropped the struggling cat.
    Cat survived the fall back onto his lawn...but needed a bunch of stitches to close up the talon wounds!

If you don't think that Eagles can be some mean SOBs.....watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjQQ8vvUYuY

Did you see the Osprey parent trying to chase down and scare off the Eagle?

BTW: I am of the opinion that if your dog would lose a fight with a squirrel....it is fair game for birds of prey.
    Sorry...just my
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 06-10-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information