Thread: TSB Assistance

Thumbs down TSB Assistance

Well, took my MM in for an oil change and air filter change. Mentioned both the Rear Axle Bearing Service Kit (Part # 3W1Z-4A109-AA as well as the reprogramming of the PCM to the latest calibration using WDS Release B22NM-2 or later and you know what I received? Absolutely NOTHING. The service guy tells me after running my VIN, that there is nothing outstanding for me on the car. He says, unless an OASIS number comes up on his screen, he cannot do anyting for me. This is even after I show him in writing OASIS 509000, 510000, 703200, and 703300.
    For those of you who had both items done, how does it work?

Or is it time for me to go to another dealership?
    rkk
    2003 Marauder 300A (Black)
    Born 5/24/2002
    Drove Home 6/26/2002

Current mileage: 109,862
    Sequence number 569 of 7,839 / 11,052 total
    Joined the 100K club on 5/29/2019

Mods:
    McGard wheel locks
    Helmholtz Resonator Delete
    Lower Grille Mod
    LCM updated 07/26/2017

I take my car to a ford dealer run by gearheads. Finding guys like this is half the battle. From my experience, L/M dealers are good for oil changes and not much more unless you know the service manager. I had my axles done a few weeks ago. I brought in a copy of the thread on this site regarding the TSB, handed it to the service advisor, he then looked it up in his tsb book and then ordered the parts, no questions asked. Your dealer has the power to do just about anything, whether they want to or not is the question. Remember, I think the labor rate for warranty work is about half the rate of non-warranty repairs. It all revolves around money in the end.

Thread Information