Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So this happened.

Like Bob said......looks like a reflection!!

Mine had ring land pieces bouncing around in 4 cylinders and no block damage with only 2 valves beat up in cylinder #7.......you should be OK with your block!!

BTW, my block didn't even require boring at 252K miles......just honing and new guts then BACK TO WORK!!
    No Marauder

99-01 heads and cams/intake do not flow as well as 03+ do. But if you are boosted it might not be an issue. If you’re lucky that motor has teksid block they used wap blocks too in those years.
    And the Mach shaker on MM hood doesn’t look as good as you think it will. The MM hood is huge and dwarfs it so it ends up looking too small for the car.
    ymmv, imho, etc.
    Ex Panther Owner

Blog Entries
    Just put a life size sticker of Marilyn Monroe on the hood.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Quote Originally Posted by JBeezy View Post
    During a WOT run on the interstate, it seems the car over rev’d and I drove on home. Everything seemed fine until I pulled in the driveway. The car seemed to have a miss. No overheating, no smoking, oil pressure still good. I pulled the passenger side plugs the next morning and found #3 as shown in the picture. I regapped the plug and put it I back in. Still has a slight miss at idle but it revs smooth. I have yet to pull the driver side plugs. Opinions please. The wetness on the plug is wd40 I sprayed in there before removing the plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's really interesting because I had almost the exact same plug appearance from cylinder one on my two valve supercharged 4.6 Crown Victoria. In my case the engine had been throwing misfire codes on that cylinder intermittently for a couple of months. Then one day it stopped running on that cylinder all together. That engine runs a maximum of 9 lbs boost and I don't think I was near anything like that when this happened. When I pulled the plug it looked very much like the picture you have there where the side electrode is bent down and is touching in my case the center electrode. I know this is not the original engine in the car but I do not know what is inside it. The car has about a hundred and ten thousand miles on it total and I do not know when the engine was swapped out. I can try and find some of that out from the guy that built the car. I have a slightly different theory than a broken piece of piston my theory is I've got a leaking injector on that cylinder and at some point that cylinder just filled up with gas and kerr Bang. I replaced the plug and the coil pack and the car seems to be running very well now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelQualityMan View Post
    I have a slightly different theory than a broken piece of piston my theory is I've got a leaking injector on that cylinder and at some point that cylinder just filled up with gas and kerr Bang. I replaced the plug and the coil pack and the car seems to be running very well now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    A bore scope will tell the story for you too.......probably a ring land as well since a cylinder full of fuel would HYDRO-LOCK your engine!!
    No Marauder

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information