Thread: Rust and Corrosion

Rust and Corrosion

My car is pretty good but starting to show some rust on the frame and on the back bumper reinforcement.
    On one off my previous Crown Vic's it showed some beginning off rust at the bottom off the front fender. That looks to be the "weakest" part on our cars.

The Marauder seams to have a decent galvanization of the body.
    But because off the what appears to be a total lack off rustproofing, how is some off the cars holding up.

Anybody ever seen a really rusty Marauder somewhere out there?

I live in one of the worst places for rust, from salt, in the country, I've never seen a bad one yet, but the one spot that I know of is the lower door seam, mostly the drivers side.

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    I live in one of the worst places for rust, from salt, in the country, I've never seen a bad one yet, but the one spot that I know of is the lower door seam, mostly the drivers side.
    Yes it is, that's why mine's parked under covers till spring...

I have seen lots of high mile cop cars that seem to have help up to Ohio's salt though, generally just see rust on seams, front fender wheel lips, and the differential.

my exhaust has surface rust

For some reason, you rarely see rusted out Panthers. How strange is that? Its like the original Probes. Almost never saw a rusty one.
    My MM, however, has a rust spot dead centre on the roof right above the windshield. Must have been a chip at some point. But what a miserable place to have to fix a spot of rust!

i had a 99p71 that has rust spots above the windshield and also around the wheel well fender lip and inside the trunk floor pan. my 2001 p71 had some spots along the bottom of the doors but nothing that you could,nt fix

Thread Information