Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My MM Ride Height: Help!

My MM Ride Height: Help!

Hey guys, I have a question. I've went through alot of threads to find a quick answer to a relatively easy question about my air suspension. I haven't found the answer unless it's telling me to get underneath the car to permanantly adjust the ride height. Not trying to do that as of now.

Anyway, I absolutely HATE when my air suspension is ON and the ass end of my MM sits waaay up in the air. Looks STUPID.
    A while back, I parked my car for a month with the air suspension switch OFF and it went down on it's own to a ride height that I like. Nice and EVEN all the way around.

Since then, I was a messing around in my trunk and accidentally hit the air suspension switch ON and the ride height went back up to the sky! UGH! Well, needless to say, I switched it back OFF. It's been about 2 months, the air suspension is still OFF, and it still won't go back down!

FINALLY, the question is, how do I adjust my ride height through the air suspension switch, WITHOUT messin around underneath the car? How do I get it to go back down! I know it does, because it did before. I almost don't want to drive my MM because of this! Do I just wait until it goes down on it's own, or can I hurry the process? LOL

Help Me! I hate driving around like this!

Thank you!

Apollo
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    "The Hulk"
    Black on Charcoal
    1764 of 7839

There's no way around

Get under that car and lower the back down a little.
    Or you could give the car to me, I will still love her with her jacked up arse.
    There is two small nuts on the Watts link arm that needs to be loosened and the slide controller will allow the bracket some travel.
    I think 1/4" of travel = 1" of ride height.
    Mine is jacked still
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Just doit.....you shouldn't be riding around with the air system off anyways
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNIN1
    ... As for the rest of the Washigton crowd, I think we would be better off in the hands of the Somali Pirates.

2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    MagnaFlow SS Mufflers and Tips
    Fuel Filter Upgrade Motorcraft FG800A or equivalent
    Ford part number N807055S hood squeak fix
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK FOR MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER WHEN GETTING YOUR OIL CHANGED AT A FORD GARAGE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

also, if the temp dropped during the time u had the switch off it is going to deflate the bags. Turn off the switch and get a C02 fire extinguisher and blow it onto the bags. after a few seconds, the car will start to drop (the bags will decompress). However, this fix is very short lived. As soon as they start to warm back up, pressure will return. If you dont believe the science behind this, take an empty water bottle, seal it up tight, and throw it n the freezer, then check on it n 5 min.

It takes longer to jack up the drivers side rear a couple inchs than it does to reset the adjuster.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Use caution when adjusting ride height adjuster on watts link. When I did mine I think I may have used floor jacks. Maybe someone can chime in of safty proceedure.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    Use caution when adjusting ride height adjuster on watts link. When I did mine I think I may have used floor jacks. Maybe someone can chime in of safty proceedure.
    Safety procedure, of course once you secure the car (parking brake, level ground, etc) make sure the switch is always turned to the OFF position before messing around or lifting any Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Vehicle with Air Ride suspension because this is the easiest way to screw it up, just look at a bunch of Lincolns that had bad shocks and rode belly to the ground. You should NEVER drive one of these cars with the suspension motor off. The adjustment is too easy to do. Mines used to ride low in the rear and it drove me nuts and as soon as I learned of the Watts linkage sensor adjustment i set it to the highest position. Handles way better now and rides better too. Has a more musclecar posture.
    MM Production Sequence Number 406 of 3214 2004 Silver Birch #147 of 993 (Sold 6/5/15)

Other toys:
    -2015 Dodge Charger RT Plus, Phantom black pearl, prl/blk lthr, 5.7 MDS Hemi, on order/D1, build date 6/20/15
    -1996 Chevy impala SS, very fast car, DCM w/moonroof
    -2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond Pearl
    -1999 Cadillac Seville STS, Sterling Silver (Sold)
    -2010 Dodge Charger Pursuit, Hemi, marked patrol take home

I lost the compressor last summer...over $400.00 for the unit in Canada plus labor. Opted for CVPI HD. coil springs for $127.00. Marauder has a nice stance & great ride.

Just make sure you support the car prior to making the adjustment posted above. You don't want to be underneath it if it decides to deflate the bags. It may take a couple of tries to get it where you like it but at least you will live to see it.

the sensor is pretty sensitive. do one notch at a time. i went all the way one time and the car was riding on the bump stops
    2010 fusion se

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    Ramps!!! That's how I lowered mine.

Drive up, get underneath, adjust, drive down. Should take 5 minutes. Mine took 15 only because I tweaked it a few times and wanted to get the stance perfect to match the cut front springs.

2003 Mercury Marauder - 300A (Born 9/02, Purchased 1/16/04)
    • 1 Coil Cut Off Front Springs & Rear Air Suspension Lowered
    • PIAA Xtreme White 9007's
    • Red Reflective "MARAUDER" Inserts
    • JLT Performance Intake
    • Accufab Throttle Body
    • SCT-1725 Tuned
    • Borla Mufflers

These guys are right, your only choice is to get underneath and make adjustment until you have the desired ride height.
    FRPP dealer owner of SpartaPerformance.com
    We are an authorized independent AMSOIL dealer.

Be careful
    I went all the way to the wrong side (lowered) by accident and the ride freaked me out. Every bump the back end undulated like the hamster dance in that Blockbuster commercial. Only went a 1/4 mile. Had to drive back home and set it all the way to the other side (high). Fortunately i can crawl under without stands s no big deal.
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

I marked stock height with a sharpie before I moved it. I think I only went 1/4" on the sensor and got about 1.5 inch drop so it's very sensitive.

2003 Mercury Marauder - 300A (Born 9/02, Purchased 1/16/04)
    • 1 Coil Cut Off Front Springs & Rear Air Suspension Lowered
    • PIAA Xtreme White 9007's
    • Red Reflective "MARAUDER" Inserts
    • JLT Performance Intake
    • Accufab Throttle Body
    • SCT-1725 Tuned
    • Borla Mufflers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
    I marked stock height with a sharpie before I moved it. I think I only went 1/4" on the sensor and got about 1.5 inch drop so it's very sensitive.

Ditto......

1. Black Sunshine (2003A F.I.T #3) (SOLD!)
    2. 2004 SAP P71 (Gone)
    3. The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow). (Sold)
    4. The 1998 P71 Jinbei. (Sold)
    5. 1990 5.7L IROC-Z (Sold)

Keeping a black car clean is not a hobby. It's a part-time job.

Support the troops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information