Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trunk organizer

Trunk organizer

Whats the deal with the appeal of these things? And they sell for insane crazy stupid money it seems.

My car came with one that was never used and I barely use it, its currently hidden away in my attic. Can fit way more stuff in the trunk when its out plus it doesn't securely store items like a lock box does. In case of an accident, items will stay in a lock box as opposed to being strewn all over in a trunk organizer.

With that being said, I'm hesitant to sell mine. Whats the big secret I'm unaware of? I'm not knocking it since it does look nice and fits cleanly in the trunk but I just don't see why they are so expensive. I even saw someone selling one for $625!
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

For me, it is just that I want to 'complete the package.' I want everything a marauder could have.
    "Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod! "

Purchased my car new without the organizer and used it that way for years. Thought the same thing, who needs the organizer?

What I found along the way is the trunk is too big, too deep.

I bought an organizer 2 or 3 years ago. I carry a few emergency items. It's nice to have them tucked away out of sight. I also prefer the shallower, wider flat floor that the organizer provides.

Must be lots of folks out there like me who didn't think they wanted them new (includes CV and GM) but then had a change of mind later. Or folks who bought a used car without and want the feature.

Either way, it's amazing how rare, yet popular they are.
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

The organizer keeps the stuff in the trunk from rolling around.

The have a small "trolley" jack, 150+ piece tool kit, quart of oil, detail supplies, a couple of bulbs, spare fuses, towels, gloves, jumper cables, first aid kit, torque wrench and assorted "smalls" in my organizer.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I thought the same thing until I got my latest MM that has one, and it is very nice to have. I wouldn't pay $625 for one either, but if someone offered me that for mine...hmm

If you want a part that is no longer manufactured, you pay market rate or do without.

I paid like $80 locally years ago? Practically brand new..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by dmjarosz View Post
    Whats the deal with the appeal of these things? And they sell for insane crazy stupid money it seems.

My car came with one that was never used and I barely use it, its currently hidden away in my attic. Can fit way more stuff in the trunk when its out plus it doesn't securely store items like a lock box does. In case of an accident, items will stay in a lock box as opposed to being strewn all over in a trunk organizer.

With that being said, I'm hesitant to sell mine. Whats the big secret I'm unaware of? I'm not knocking it since it does look nice and fits cleanly in the trunk but I just don't see why they are so expensive. I even saw someone selling one for $625!
    I've got cash and I'll meet you halfway. It's only 500 miles, so 250 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowndex View Post
    If you want a part that is no longer manufactured, you pay market rate or do without.
    with time and some luck I'm guessing many of these parts will come down in price - may take some years but I'm guessing there are starting to me more parts horded than complete cars in existence.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Supply and demand.

Trunk organizer

I have one in my DTR, I thought about parting the car out...

I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post

I'm shocked you don't have 15 stashed away!

“When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post

Is it in excellent condition?
    I've got $250. Let me know when I can come pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by TrilogyMarauder View Post
    Is it in excellent condition?
    I've got $250. Let me know when I can come pick it up.
    It is too far away for you.

04-18-2018, 07:18 PM
    NXSBOB This message is hidden because NXSBOB is on your ignore list.

Last edited by TrilogyMarauder; 04-18-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information