Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: egr setup when adding eaton

egr setup when adding eaton

Need some info on what I need to do to have a functioning egr system with my eaton swap thx guys

egr setup when adding eaton

What egr setup can I run with on my eaton swap and I don't want to eliminate it all input appreciated thx kevin

You need to use MM egr top needs to be rotated custom made tube. I think
    better to do a burn-out than fade away

There's an adapter between the egr tube nut and the header itself. That needs to be cut and an extension welded in. I used about an 1"+ of steel pipe. Mock up then measure for what you'll need.

NOTE: I have FRPP shorty headers.
    Last edited by RacerX; 11-29-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    11.931 @ 116.33 (MT ET Streets)
    12.073 @ 118.43 (Nitto 555)

I love the smell of Nitromethane and rubber in the morning!
    Drag racers prayer:
    As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Lift up all the metal tabs carefully. And slowly rotate the EGR until its in the position as pictured.

You will need to modify the EGR tube.

As you can see. Mine fits perfect.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Last edited by guspech750; 11-29-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Great quotes!!
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!

I'm about to install a EGR setup on a eaton swapped marauder tomorrow. We are going to attempt to use stainless steel flex gas line as a egr tube and make it all work. Turns out that turning off the EGR in the tune will make it fail NJ inspection.
    Details to follow after this adventure.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Someone else on here used the flex line and it worked great. I found it when looking for solutions myself on here after I failed NH inspection without the EGR hooked up. That was #2 if my current solution with the Shorty Headers didn't work.
    11.931 @ 116.33 (MT ET Streets)
    12.073 @ 118.43 (Nitto 555)

I love the smell of Nitromethane and rubber in the morning!
    Drag racers prayer:
    As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Joe, why didn't you do the EGR delete? Does turning it off make it fail Illinois inspection?

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Joe, why didn't you do the EGR delete? Does turning it off make it fail Illinois inspection?
    Ah, yeah.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    Someone else on here used the flex line and it worked great. I found it when looking for solutions myself on here after I failed NH inspection without the EGR hooked up. That was #2 if my current solution with the Shorty Headers didn't work.
    I believe that was DTub Doug.

Just make sure it is heat wrapped really well! That thin wall metal has got to be off the charts hot.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    For the simple and main reason. It doesn't need to be deleted.

Plus it's required for emissions.

Great quotes!!

I cannot understand why lots of folks want to "delete" the EGR system since it has benefits??

It actually lowers combustion temps and DOES NOT OPERATE at WOT so what's the problem.....it does not reduce performance??

Delete it and deal with higher combustion temps, part throttle detonation and possibly engine destruction unless you tune it well......most of us don't know how to including me!!

Keep it hooked up and functional.......pass emissions and be HAPPY.....HAPPY.....HAPPY!!
    No Marauder

I struggled with this during my eaton swap. I did some googling and found a lot of people that tried it (not marauder specific). The thing that sacred me was it doesn't last very long. Must people said it only last about 6 months. That tube is subjected to a lot of heat. Good luck and I hope it works because that was my biggest challange.
    03 SB 300B

Eaton Swap Tuned by Fast Specialities

Trans rebuilt by Darin at BC Automotive with a Triple Disc 11in Circle D TC. Tuned by Zack. The man that made my Marauder fun again.

4.10 gears with Cobra clutches. No more one wheel peel

Metco Drive Shaft Loop.

Next bigger brakes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
    For the simple and main reason. It doesn't need to be deleted.

Plus it's required for emissions.

Then why is the EGR delete kit included in the list of sh** to get for the Eaton swap?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information