Thread: 04-Dark Toreador Red; Sunroof car; Central Indiana

04-Dark Toreador Red; Sunroof car; Central Indiana

Mileage: 125,000
    Car was purchased October, 2009. I began storing the car most of the time, in 2013. It is a well maintained, certainly above average kept car.
    Physical appearance: Exterior - Very good with some road chips, a couple of small dings, and a few scratches.
    Interior is very good. Interior - Dark Charcoal. Only wear items are on the driver's floor mat and a small, worn area/hole on the driver's seat where the seat and back meet. Not sure how that happened. It was there when I got the car and has not changed.
    Engine Compartment: Storage is in unheated space causing white surface corrosion on the unpainted 2004 engine. It will clean up, as I did clean it a few years ago.
    Performance: It runs well with no exceptions. No leaks. I use Mobil1 synthetic motor oil.
    Replacement Parts that are not Ford Specific:
    • Ignition coils – ACCEL
    • Air Compressor for rear suspension
    • Idler and tensioner pulleys – AC/Delco
    • Serpentine belt – Goodyear
    • Brake rotors – Duralast
    • Tires – BF Goodrich: All tires are same size, matching the original rear size. I did not replace front tires with original size due to limiting ability of rotating tires.
    o Traction control: have to remember to disable traction control after starting car or it will be "tricked" into sensing slippage due to the larger diameter front tires. There is nothing wrong with the traction control function. 2003 models didn't even have it.
    Future mechanical needs:
    • Battery - still seems good but is 4+ years old
    • A/C compressor – still works but I had to add refrigerant last year. Compressor "chatter" has become more prevalent over past few years.
    • Suspension bushings squeak more often than they used to.
    Explanation of condition:
    The car was involved in a single vehicle accident and was declared a total loss. The driver lost control causing the car to spin. It hit a utility pole with the rear of the car, almost perfectly centered, not even damaging the taillights. It apparently bent the rear portions of the frame rails as the rear bumper was pushed inward and bent. The car was bought from the insurance company and repaired. The repairs, though not as "good as new", passed State inspection and the Title was branded "Rebuilt". As a rebuilt, insurance companies recognize it as any other "clean" title vehicle. Dealerships, on the other hand, treat it differently, as it is difficult to explain to the general public that the car is good and safe.
    The person that buys the Marauder will be one who understands the rarity of the vehicle and has the ability to discern the actual condition.

Price: $5,500.00
    Located: Lafayette, IN
    Please contact me by PM
    Attached Images Attached Images

NOTE: DRIVER SEAT TEAR

Quote Originally Posted by 04Caretaker View Post
    Interior is very good. Interior - Dark Charcoal. Only wear items are on the driver's floor mat and a small, worn area/hole on the driver's seat where the seat and back meet. Not sure how that happened. It was there when I got the car and has not changed.
    Very nice looking car. Wanted to add a note concerning the hole in the seat. There was a TSB or Maintenance item about the tear in the drivers seat. It is caused by the constant rubbing of the hinge area. The corrective action was to remove the seat cover and install/sew a piece of flute into that area to keep from wearing.

Kind of late when the hole is there, but when anyone has the seat repaired it would be good to mention to the upholstery person to add the piece of flute to that area.

Just a thought!!!
    2004 Mercury Marauder - Silver Birch
    2003 Mercury Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Aspen Green
    2002 Ford F150 Crew Cab - Silver Metallic
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 - Vermillion Red - Silver Frost

So does title state salvage/rebuilt?
    2004 SB
    4.10's and a tune
    More to come

Title is branded "Rebuilt Vehicle"

Pm has been sent.