Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stacy's 04 Pro charged 04

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    My IATs are 10 deg above ambient with my PC.

That may be at 70 MPH but it will not be the case with the car on the dyno or at a dead stop in 100 degree weather or in slow traffic, the problem as you can clearly see is the inner cooler is way up in the grill it is very hard to get a fan to blow directly on it. So when you are tunning these cars on the dyno they heat up real fast on back to back pulls. So it takes much longer to dial them in. The PC inner cooler was made for a Mustang and is half the size of what I use with my pipes and flows twice as much air with less resistance do to the fact my pipes, have half the bends and collars and clamps and are tucked, completely under the car, but.

Rich moved his by pass valve to the the other side of the inlet of the inner cooler this change dramatically lowers IAT at all speeds, since the bypass is bleeding off off compressed heated air before even entering in IC, so for those that cant afford a IC upgrade. I would really recommend this, just remember if the car is a suck through the bypass air must be dumped back into the inlet, if the car is a blow through you can vent it to atmosphere.

Procharger intercoolers are known as being incredibly awesome units.

All PC cars Ive ever driven had IAT's in the 10-15 above ambient range. Its the piping kit that sucks.

Make your pipe/collar kit available to PC owners or DIY'ers and they will fly off the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Procharger intercoolers are known as being incredibly awesome units.

All PC cars Ive ever driven had IAT's in the 10-15 above ambient range. Its the piping kit that sucks.

Make your pipe/collar kit available to PC owners or DIY'ers and they will fly off the shelf.
    That is exactly what I meant, the IC was made for a Mustang, and probably works better and more efficient on a Mustang, you have to use all those bends to make it work on a Marauder this causes loss of boost as well as high IAT, with a different IC that has both inlet and outlet at the bottom, the four 90 degree elbows and ten clamps would not be needed.

Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 04-16-2010 at 03:02 PM.

It's at any speed. I have one of the readouts on my Aeroforce gauge always set at IAT, unless you think my gauge is bad.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Thanks for sharing the information.

Yes i second the motion that PC plumbing is not healthy on a panther hangs way to low i would probally loose that in the first parking lot encountered,,DR your set up is so much more efficent
    Last edited by scruff; 04-16-2010 at 08:18 PM.

I agree with Rich...

No one's pipes should hang THAT low!

You really should not see it...Unless you want it that way...

Aloha
    Last edited by Local Boy; 04-17-2010 at 02:35 PM.

'03 A Build Date 8/02
    F.I.T. #6 ***RESURRECTED***
    *444 RWHP / 401 RWTQ
    *10 lbs. Boost
    *P1SC1 ProCharger
    *SCT Tuned *SCT Big Air 2400 MAF *BAP *GT 40 Fuel Pump *Modified FPDM *SSW Headers *MMX Drive Shaft *Metco Drive Shaft Loop *Metco Control Arms *T/A Stud Girdle w/ Diff Cover *Addco Sway Bars 3,500 Stall B/C Auto. Torque Converter *J-Mod *Wilwood 13" Big Brake Kit *Brembo Drilled/Slotted Rotors (Rear) *Widened Rims w/ 295 Nitto 555 *Autometer Wide Band A/F

When I turn on my car...It returns the favor

Back at home

My wife and I made it home from Orange Park Sunday night after driving down Friday night from Commerce GA. Saturday around lunch I went to pick up my car, which Dennis had cleaned up for me, and we took it for a spin. I was riding shotgun and could tell the car was much different. Dennis took a lot of time to explain things to me and I would imagine that he had better things to do than give me an education. We got back to the shop and he showed me the absolute mess that was in my fuel tank. You all saw the pictures. I do feel compelled to make a correction, the previous owner did not install this pump, and I regrettably paid someone local to me for that job. I bought this car last fall from its second owner in Chandler Arizona. On the way home it broke down in Orange Texas at about 1030 on Saturday night on Labor Day weekend. When I pulled the fuel filter the next morning it looked as if it had coffee grounds in it. That is what I call piss poor maintenance that led to mechanical failure. Live and learn.
    Anyway, I am not the most knowledgeable person about cars, but I do understand the importance of good soldering, connections, pin connectors, heat shrink, and the like, having worked on radar and weapons systems on F4 phantoms in my younger days and then later as a SatCom/Wideband type in a combat comm. unit. When Dennis discovered this grenade with the pin ½ pulled, he called me. Suffice it to say that he was less than complimentary of the fuel pump install and the individual that put it in. A shop in Atlanta did drop the tank, inspect the set-up, said yes it does have a GT fuel pump in it, said it looks fine and put it back together. They also said that I need to upgrade the entire fuel system to ensure that I would have adequate fuel supply for my set up. I have used the search function enough and read enough posts to know that my procharger set-up making a whopping 8#s does not need a $1900.00 fuel system upgrade. I was quite frustrated, disappointed, low on money and patience, and had a car that could not be enjoyed for fear of detonation and munching the motor. I called a gentleman at Team Toyland and asked if he would be willing to put it back to stock. He said yes. I also sought council from Zack and Dennis. Both agreed that something was missed and both were spot on. Dennis made me an offer that was hard to turn down. He called me before going to Kentucky and said that he would find the problem, fix the problem, tune the car, or put it back to stock if he could not, or if I was not satisfied. I did not know logistically how I was going to pull this off, with my schedule. You would think that it would be easy but I am a family man and my job does not allow last minute changes. Dennis asked if I would be willing to drive his marauder while he worked out the kinks in mine and return it to him when the work was completed. The answer was yes. I met up with him last Monday, made the swap, and the rest is history. He did exactly what he said he would. My wife and I took out the car to St Augustine Saturday and had a relaxing day. That night we joined Dennis and his wife Sheila for a good meal and great time. The trip home Sunday we averaged a little over 19 MPG, which included dyno time, some city driving, and a few pulls on my own. Second tank, mainly highway miles, with more testing, netted 21.5 MPG. The cruise was set on 80 mph and the car has 3:55 gears. The car has much better manners, the transmission shifts so much better than before and I now have a car that I can fully enjoy. I am beyond pleased with the outcome, will be saving money for future upgrades, and will head back to Orange Park Florida when it is time.

Thank you Stacy. Both Sheila and I had a great time, and I was glad I was able to fix the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCOB View Post
    A shop in Atlanta did drop the tank, inspect the set-up, said yes it does have a GT fuel pump in it, said it looks fine and put it back together. They also said that I need to upgrade the entire fuel system to ensure that I would have adequate fuel supply for my set up. I have used the search function enough and read enough posts to know that my procharger set-up making a whopping 8#s does not need a $1900.00 fuel system upgrade.
    That is terrible. Obviously using someones inexperience to try and make a sale instead of properly fixing the fuel pump. It would have been pretty simple to fix what was there so it would be reliable but they tried to pull a slick move instead. Kind of like the guys at shady shops with a syringe filled with oil to squirt on shock absorbers to make a sale.

Glad it is fixed up for you now.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Glad to see this. I remember SSHS9 and the dissapointment of not being able to enjoy the car Stacy.

Nice job Dennis. Don't know too many people that would do everything it took here to deal with this situation.

Know you have caught alot of flack in the past Dennis. From me and others (some deserved, some maybe not so much), and yes we in the Marauder community can be a prickly, overbearing, authoritative, micro managing bunch to deal with............. Efforts like these need to be recognized for what they are..... Above and beyond
    GAMike
    2003 Black on Charcoal 300A W/90K (RIP 7-17-08)
    5-9-09 Now Keeper of the Pristine and Ledgendary:
    Trilogy # 73 Known in Metro Atlanta as "The Banshee"
    Courtesy of Bigslim, and SidewaysCoupe
    All options that came on an 04 SB & a boatload of .......... Never mind... It would take too long.
    12.73 @ 107.9 & 1.79 60' at SSHS9

Thank you Mike it means a lot to me, as I have said all along this was the very first Marauder site, in my opinion it is the most informative site about the Marauder on the internet, there are more technical expertise and posts here covering every supercharger sold for this car, and it has the finest owners any one could ever be blessed to meet and know.

Glad to hear it worked out well for you Stacy. Dennis worked on my car as well as you can see from my signature. Hope to see you at some of the next meets around the ATL. We had a blast this past Saturday. Heard some good things about you from Mike. Anyway, glad to hear it all worked out. I knew Dennis would take good care of you.

Dennis, Awesome job!

Stacy, i didnt know that was your car. well im very glad you got it all good now thanks to Dennis. time to finally enjoy the car, not everyone lets you have their almost 600rwhp marauder for a couple of days. hope to see you at SSHS10.

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut View Post
    That is terrible. Obviously using someones inexperience to try and make a sale instead of properly fixing the fuel pump. It would have been pretty simple to fix what was there so it would be reliable but they tried to pull a slick move instead. Kind of like the guys at shady shops with a syringe filled with oil to squirt on shock absorbers to make a sale.

Glad it is fixed up for you now.
    I totally agree FordNut, looking forward to meeting you. I am told you make it down our way sometimes for breakfast. Are you planning on coming down for SSHS10? I would like to check out your set up. By the way, the Eliminator was one of my favorite bikes to ride a few years back, nasty zero to sixty back then.

Quote Originally Posted by GAMike View Post
    Glad to see this. I remember SSHS9 and the disappointment of not being able to enjoy the car Stacy.

Nice job Dennis. Don't know too many people that would do everything it took here to deal with this situation.

Know you have caught alot of flack in the past Dennis. From me and others (some deserved, some maybe not so much), and yes we in the Marauder community can be a prickly, overbearing, authoritative, micro managing bunch to deal with............. Efforts like these need to be recognized for what they are..... Above and beyond
    Thanks Mike, SSHS9, well actually the TNT the night before was a disappointment. I met a lot of nice folks that weekend and look forward to meeting more this year. Speaking of Dennis, he most certainly went above and beyond. I will be glad to give you the details sometime. Pretty safe to say he turned chicken#@&$ into chicken salad.

Quote Originally Posted by cwright View Post
    Glad to hear it worked out well for you Stacy. Dennis worked on my car as well as you can see from my signature. Hope to see you at some of the next meets around the ATL. We had a blast this past Saturday. Heard some good things about you from Mike. Anyway, glad to hear it all worked out. I knew Dennis would take good care of you.

Dennis, Awesome job!
    CWRight, have not met you yet, but I am looking forward to meeting you and perhaps going for a ride in your Marauder. I saw it last year in Orange Park and was taken back at how clean it was. I am told it can move out smartly. I am sure we will get to meet up at Cracker Barrel sometime this spring or summer. Mike had good things to say about me, glad my pay off is paying off .

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeauty2 View Post
    Stacy, i didnt know that was your car. well im very glad you got it all good now thanks to Dennis. time to finally enjoy the car, not everyone lets you have their almost 600rwhp marauder for a couple of days. hope to see you at SSHS10.
    Hey Landy, Yep, the same one you helped me fabricate the pulley tensioner on at SSHS9. I am definitely looking forward to catching up with you guys @ SSHS10. Watched your videos, going to try some drag radials and shoot for the 11s?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information