Thread: Daytime Running Lights

Daytime Running Lights

One of the first things I noticed about my 2003 Marauder was that Daytime Running Lights did not work as stated in Marauder Reference Guide. Called Mercury Customer Service and was told that only Canadian Mercury Marauders had Daytime Running Lights. The Reference Guide for Mercury Marauder and Operation Guide give different directions on how to turn them on(Operation Guide states "If equipped"). Any other Marauder owners tried the Daytime Running Lights to see if they work?
    Please let me know if other owners have same problem or not a problem for them.

Using the windshield wiper during daylight hours will turn the "Lights On" if in Auto mode.

I also have Soft(Spongy) Brake pedal, any others have that problem?

Need information on where to obtain Service Manual for this vehicle.

Thanks to all for any help.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

DRL systems are only installed from the factory for Canadian destined vehicles. US Vehicles are not equipped with DRL.

DRL in Canada is required by law, which is why they're on the car. Not so in the US.

My brake pedal feels fine...

My brakes are great. The car stops fantastic, very nice feel to them. My lights come on when wipers are turned on even if not in auto mode.
    "Pete, you could drop 2 tenths if you lose some weight"
    2002 Rendezvous CXL (hers)
    1968 Chevelle SS 396 convertible (not her's)
    1967 Chevelle coupe (not her's either)
    2002 Explorer Sport (not her's again)
    2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro Turbo (was daughter's, now mine. Quick little bugger)

Guess a visit to Service Department is in order for Brakes.

The DRL issue was that Marauder Reference Manual and Owners Manual have different instructions. Owner Manual states "if equipped", the Reference Manual does not. Logan gave me the answer I was looking for, just a shame that US vehicles don't have DRL standard. I have owned General Motors Products for some time and have gotten familiar with having DRL all the time. The wiper on feature takes care of law in GA that lights must be on, was not aware that this feature worked in any light mode, thanks for info.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

RICK Guest
    IF YOU WANT DRL JUST TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON WHEN YOU GET IN THE CAR DURING THE DAY TIME.

DRL is not simply your lights turned on. DRL is your High beams operating at reduced output. It's been done in Canada and overseas for years and really helps reduce accidents on the roads...

Thread Information