Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta ICE STORM!!

Atlanta ICE STORM!!

Well......we don't get "snow" in Atlanta.....we get ICE!!!

~~MARAUDERCHICK~~
    ~~~~~Kathy~~~~~
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A / Black /25% tint in front and 15% tint in back/ Born : August 16, 2002/ Adopted: December 26, 2002/ 6-disk CD changer/ Trunk organizer/ Diablo chip/ Denso plugs/ 180 degree thermostat/ Addco Rear sway bar/ FMS 4.10 gears/ Steeda Under drive pulleys/ K&N filter/ Royal Purple 5w20 synthetic/ Sylvania Silverstars: headlamps, fogs & turn signals/ hi-flow cats, ported/ceramic coated Cobra manifolds, and X-pipe/ 18" Stainless Steel Magnaflow mufflers/Kenny Brown dead pedal/ Eibach springs/ Polished aluminum "Marauder" pedals by Dyno-Pro/Meziere Electric Waterpump/ Baer Brake System: 14" drilled & slotted front rotors, polished caliper's with red letters/ Enhanced 11" rear rotor drilled & slotted / Kenny Brown Stainless steel braided brake lines / Metco Control Arms
    CHRISTMAS WISH LIST: TRILOGY KIT# ?????

Nice neighborhood! I'm always tempted to ask people what they do for a living when I see houses like that.

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Im about 40 miles north of Atlanta, and I woke up this morning thinking it was all hype - nothing but rain and water on the roads, some ice on the cars and other objects. (The MM is inside the garage, of course)

I was surprised to see that I-75 was closed in Atlanta - I turned the news on and thought why the heck is it icy and nasty SOUTH of me????????

I saw news footage of car after car getting sideways on an overpass - none of the drivers paid enough attention to the cars ahead or the "ice on bridge" signs, as one after the other almost wreck.

Be carefull down there!

I'm en route to Dixieland today and tomorrow myself. Trip was going good until about a third of the way through VA. The snow started about 4pm just south of Winchester, but the temp was still good. By Woodstock, it was starting to stick and the thermometer was reading 26*F, which means the salt stops working. I bailed out in Staunton for the night. I checked into my room, took a shower, and headed across the parking lot for dinner. In that ammount of time, the snow had changed to ice, and my car was already glazed. Hope it's gone by checkout time tomorrow!
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by MARAUDERCHICK

Kathy: Good to see you got the house in the divorce. Will you marry me?

Kathy, we're just back from Gettysburg and the snow/sleet (sneet) started about 8. They're telling us it's gonna be a few inches.

Yeh, then followed by 14" of partly cloudy!

Here's mom & the kids at our feeder.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...tid=5508&stc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    NIce weather their #1. It looks like Todd came down to florida just in time. Any how be carefull their ok?

That looks like fine Marauder drivin' weather!

That is like the stuff I drove thru in my trip thru Oklahoma on my way to Vermont first week of January. NASTY stuff.
    AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial # 105
    Installed 9/30/2005 - 10/6/2005

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
    Detonator Yellow

1967 Ford Fairlane, 428CJ, 5spd, running dual quads.

here's some ice i had in dallas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003A Mercury Marauder. Sold it, miss it.

USMC 06-10-96 to 06-21-06. AH-1W and UH-1N!!!! OORAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Casey
    I'm en route to Dixieland today and tomorrow myself. Trip was going good until about a third of the way through VA. The snow started about 4pm just south of Winchester, but the temp was still good. By Woodstock, it was starting to stick and the thermometer was reading 26*F, which means the salt stops working. I bailed out in Staunton for the night. I checked into my room, took a shower, and headed across the parking lot for dinner. In that ammount of time, the snow had changed to ice, and my car was already glazed. Hope it's gone by checkout time tomorrow!
    Paul, where are you staying in Staunton? That's where my folks (well my Mom now) live. I was just up there a few weeks back.

Eric

Hey Paul, let me know next time you end up close to me, I'm not too far away here in Newport News, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Casey

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Patrick Guest
    Just dodged the worst of it. But not by much. Temp stayed right at 32 so the roads stayed ok. I still left the MM and took dads truck to work. Its trying to snow but just flurries.

Snow to start off, now freezing rain and 28 degrees in Baltimore!
    They are predicting 1-3 inches of snow mixed with sleet and freezing rain...
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

If you don't like the weather today in ATL...

Hey Kathy,
    Best news is, tomorrow its 47 degrees, and then it warms up from there! We love ATL, and we're all looking forward to WOTs in our MMs real soon!!!
    Tony

Black 2004 Mercury Marauder, Born 4/30/04, Purchased 9/21/04, Sunroof, Trunk Organizer, 6 CD Changer

Additions: 4.10's, 180 Stat, Motorcraft Plugs, XCAL2. Tune by Lidio, JLT CAI, Ford GT Coil Covers, NAAKE QA1 Front Coil Overs, 20% Tint, God's Head Badges, Front, Rear & Steering Wheel, Underdrive Pulleys, Custom Xpipe and Magnaflows (Todd, Grand Muffler), S55 Tail Light Treatment, OEM Spoiler, Dynamat Floor & Trunk, PI 3000 Stall T/C, Built Trans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information