Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: image problem

image problem

Hello all, I am new here. While I do not have a Marauder (don't hold it against me, I want one but are hard to find in my neck of the woods) so last month I purchased a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Arizona Beige) with 80,000 miles on it from the original owner. It has mostly been taken care of, some door dings and minor scratches here and there.

My goal is to get more power from the engine, upgrade the suspension/brakes and give it lesser of an old man look. I will have a lot of questions for the well experienced folks on this board, but for starters I would like to start with appearance items.

1. Reflectors: I do not like the reflector panels between the tail lights and reverse lights on the MGMs. I like the body paint color matched solid panels on the MM or Crown Vics. Were can I get these for my MGM? If I have to have them painted to match that is fine, I just need to ditch the reflectors.

2. Dash Trim: I also do not like the very cheesy, fake wood, plastic stripe that goes around the middle of the dash (and says "Grand Marquis" on it) and on each door panel. Are there other factory ones I can purchase that the MM or Crown Vics used? Options?

3. Wheels:
    It has the factory 16 inch wheels. While they aren't horrible, I would like something a bit sportier looking in the 17-18 inch size, such as a 5-spoke design maybe. Thoughts and opinions? Pics?

putting marauder parts on a non marauder doesn't go over well here. those parts you seek are all discontinued and no longer avail. new.

crown vic panels fit, but then you also need the taillights to match and there will be a gap under your plate. and bumper cover.

not trying to run you off, but crownvic.net has all the answers you seek. thats all they do is mod there crown vics with marquis parts etc.

a tune from Mo's speed shop will keep you California legal and add some get up and go. a gear swap will be beneficial. you sould just wrap te fake wood trim.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I have dash trim, door panels, rear body panel, bumpers, seats, I see nothing wrong with another MM clone.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

You can have your current trim pieces hydro-dipped to any pattern you want instead of buying new/replacement parts for the look you want.

There are MANY Marauders for sale around the country in all price levels.

Thousands of replacement rims to choose from, get what you like.

Otherwise, buy whatever used parts you want to make it what you want.

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

Do what you want but without the twin cams your just putting lipstick on a pig. You modness on the beige Gm are only going to cost as much as an actual marauder that needs love. Just my two pennies

The old man look will save you money on speeding tickets. True story.

As far as HP, it's a 281 cubic inch 2v in a 5000lb full sized sedan. You can bump it up a little bit but you're going to spend beaucoup bucks to make serious power.

I would concentrate less on the MM clone idea and just build a cool Marquis.
    Ex Panther Owner

I don't care if he wants to use Marauder parts if he finds them. There was a time here that members would throw a hissy fit to those buying hard to get Marauder specific parts to put on a non Marauder car. Making a car your own is what it is all about..You're never going to please everyone.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

image problem

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    The old man look will save you money on speeding tickets. True story.

As far as HP, it's a 281 cubic inch 2v in a 5000lb full sized sedan. You can bump it up a little bit but you're going to spend beaucoup bucks to make serious power.

I would concentrate less on the MM clone idea and just build a cool Marquis.

Agree. I would focus first on the trim and paint to get the more sporty look you want, then talk to Marty later about a tune for it. Even with the 2 valve you could wake it up a bit. A modest gear upgrade and a tune would be a good bang for the buck, and make it more fun to drive.

Do check with the Crown Vic guys though who might have better ideas that fit your platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

CVPI rear fascia will fit the GMQ and get rid of the giant red reflecto-billboard and the ugly chrome strip. You'll need to do a small modification to the trunk lock mechanism, but it's really easy. On a 2004, you won't need to change the taillights as the chrome strip doesn't go that far.

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...Number=2814245
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Just to be clear; a chip/calibration/reflash will NOT keep you California legal unless you have a CARB EO# for it, and considering that process is arduous and expensive, most chip makers DO NOT have carb EO#'s for low production number vehicles like the Marauder. The smog shop not discovering it and/or knowing about it doesn't make it legal. I have known people to leak information they should not at a smog station and create problems for themselves. Don't do that. It's likely not legal.

Can you say Trolling ?

Can't believe the same people fall into this trap all the time and answer these questions and have the purist argument about these cars. Fauxrauder

Classics:
    What oil should I use ?
    How often do you change your oil ?
    X pipe on stock mufflers?

And others. Whats your favorites ?

My fav was the fender bender question and the car had been crushed or it was Robert Carradine ride to kill his family

Or what's my car worth

Clean low miles small amount of ***** on the drivers seat

Quote Originally Posted by ByronRACE View Post
    Just to be clear; a chip/calibration/reflash will NOT keep you California legal unless you have a CARB EO# for it, and considering that process is arduous and expensive, most chip makers DO NOT have carb EO#'s for low production number vehicles like the Marauder. The smog shop not discovering it and/or knowing about it doesn't make it legal. I have known people to leak information they should not at a smog station and create problems for themselves. Don't do that. It's likely not legal.

Easily solved. Takes 15 minutes every two years at smog time to reinstall the stock air cleaner / air tube and reflash the tune. I drive it for a couple days till all the codes clear, then take it in for smog. 15 minutes after getting home the PHP box/Metco tube CAK and tune is back on. Time before last I left the stock tune in place to save gas, and because of not being happy with the DR tune, which was a mistake.

I hate CA bureaucracy and their stupid CARB money generator. This gives me some kind of performance and of course no problem passing the smog checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

I am crawling around the floor throwing up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information