Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom, steel hoods

Custom, steel hoods

For those with custom, steel hoods, please share your pictures. If I may ask, what did it cost (fabrication, prep and paint)?

Just a question, is your car done yet? I followed some of the build and it's been a while. I may have missed it though.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

roush scoop

steel with fiberglass roush scoop.Marauder 2.jpg

I can only think of two steel hoods off the top of my head and that's Todd?? (A turbo car sold off to someone) and hands down the best cowl that I've seen and one in Wis. done up like a Super Snake.

You'll have to google for the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM75 View Post
    Just a question, is your car done yet? I followed some of the build and it's been a while. I may have missed it though.
    * Pickup from BRG Racing and break in the motor (3000 miles) - 9/01.

* I go for the NA rwhp record held by Fordnut (378 rwhp) - 10/02.

* Install the blower, 04 Cobra intake, Killer Chiller, innercooler, plumbing, etc.. are installed - 10/09.

* Contact HotRod Magazine for the photo shoot - TBD

Pictures and videos to follow.
    Last edited by Lowndex; 08-20-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Arrow

Don't recall which member it was, but saved-off pic's in Feb'2009 ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gdmjoe View Post

That is Todd's car that I mentioned. I know he was trying to sell the car 6-7 years ago. I'm not sure what ever happened to it?

Here is the other one I mentioned belonging to Fairlane347? I believe it was made out of steel.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Fairlane347's design was my first pick. However, I am now going with the one below. I am considering adding vents on both sides to directly feed the intake manifold. This would eliminate the long tubing to an air filter. I got the design idea off Bitchin Rides - the Camaro in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowndex View Post
    Fairlane347's design was my first pick. However, I am now going with the one below. I am considering adding vents on both sides to directly feed the intake manifold. This would eliminate the long tubing to an air filter. I got the design idea off Bitchin Rides - the Camaro in this episode.

Based on what I see on my crappy monitor both these hoods are available from ClassGlass. The latter is available in multiple heights as well.

http://www.classglassperformance.com...0cr%20vic.html

Fairlane347's design was my first pick. However, I am now going with the one below.
    Best of luck getting this made. It's a Photoshop done by member Bowman9 a few years ago. I would like to see it happen, though. It's a pretty cool hood design.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

So basically this one that never got enough interest to go into production?

SOLD 12/31/2021

I need 3" cowl clearance for the 04 Cobra intake manifold + Kenne Bell sitting on top.
    Last edited by Lowndex; 08-21-2017 at 07:12 PM.

4"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    4"

You stole my car that is not even built yet! The hood, the big power plant underneath, the wheels.

Awesome ride, sir.

You stole my car that is not even built yet! The hood, the big power plant underneath, the wheels.

Awesome ride, sir.
    Not mine. Lifted it from Classglass' website.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information