Thread: What are these guys smokin'???

What are these guys smokin'???

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!----------------------------><!---- START CONTENT HERE ---->NOISE REGULATIONS REMAIN FOR STREET NIGHTS IN 2003

ALL FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY RACERS READ THIS!

Corredores de los Viernes el la noche y los Sabados en la tarde
    FAVOR LEER

HOW TO TEST

In an effort to go above and beyond New Jersey State Law and local ordinances, Raceway Park will continue noise regulations for both of Raceway Park's muffled racing nights, Friday and Saturday. They are the following:
    All race vehicles competing at Raceway Park during muffled street events will be required to be "Street Muffled". For cars-All exhaust units must extend past the rear seam of the driver/passenger door jambs (Bullet or Collector mufflers will not be permitted to run). The more exhaust pipe after the muffler the better. Turndowns are also recommended. All mufflers must be a baffled type with 2 or 3 baffles recommended. Street mufflers are also required on Motorcycles, these will be judged on an individual basis. Raceway Park management defines the term 'street muffled' as "if you're too loud to drive on the street without the threat of getting pulled over, don't race on a street night".
    As usual, all race vehicles will be required to proceed through tech inspection. Any that seem to be too loud will be tested using a db meter. Tech inspection will be using a standard Radio Shack type sound meter. In order to get a reading the tech inspector will stand 100' behind vehicle with the meter set to slow A. The racer will then rev the engine to 5,500 RPM holding it for five seconds. If the meter reads above 90 db at tech you are too loud and are illegal to race on street days/nights. Those vehicles that fail and are deemed too loud at tech inspection will receive a refund. Those vehicles that pass tech inspection but, then exceed the db limit on the strip will be disqualified without refund (as many racers alter their exhaust after tech inspection). Management reserves the right to alter these rules when necessary.
    We thank all of our racers for their years of support and co-operation in advance for this matter. The Raceway Park management is dedicated to keeping the peace with our neighbors for the future of racing at Raceway Park. Raceway Park will be celebrating the start of another great 39 years in 2003.

ATTENTION TURBOCHARGED RACERS:

IF RACING IN MUFFLED ONLY EVENT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO MEET NOISE REGULATIONS. THEREFORE A MUFFLER MAY BE REQUIRED. SEE TECH INSPECTION OFFICIALS FOR DETAILS.

Raceway Park Management

<!-- CONTACT INFORMATION (in needed, IF NOT, DELETE!) -->
    For further information please contact:

Raceway Park - 732.446.7800
    info@etownraceway.com

<!-- CONTACT INFORMATION (in needed, IF NOT, DELETE!) -->

<!---- END CONTENT HERE ----><!-------------------------->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR><!-- BOTTOM NAV --><TD class=bottomnav>facility | drag schedule | rules | motorcross | general info | points | directions | sponsors | gallery | jobs | links | contact

This was taken from the Englishtown dragstrip webpage, and is apparently a new policy of there's. If these guys think that I'm going to rev the Marauder engine at 5,500 RPM's w/out any load on it, then they're on drugs!!! Well, I guess I'm not going to Englishtown anymore for "street" racing events. For some reason the owner must be getting politically correct in his old age.

</TD><!-- BOTTOM NAV --></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END MAIN PAGE TABLE --><!------------------------->
    Last edited by BillyGman; 11-07-2004 at 10:18 PM.

Thank the people who live near the track.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Quote Originally Posted by Defyant
    Yea this is about as stupid as having an off highway vehicle park(dirt bikes) and having some of it roped and barracaded off so you can't ride on or over it. The reason "ground errosion and appaerance from the road". WHAT how dumb! Leave it to the great liberal state of California. I sometimes wish I wasn't from here just because of some of the people. Also they have noise regulations here as well.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Defyant
    Yep, that's what I was thinking too. But since the article says that they're going over and above what the State law requires them to do, I just thought that it isn't neccessary. But as far as the residents there, I have no doubt from what I saw the last time I was there that this has to do w/new housing being built closer and closer to the track. And that's what is the most absurd. You get people moving into a neighborhood where they know isn't very far from a dragstrip. but yet once they move in, they begin to put up a big stink about the noise. Then why do they move there????!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    Then why do they move there????!!!!!!
    We have the same issue in the next town over...developers keep building new subdivisions closer and closer to the Air National Guard base, then everyone who moves in complains about the jets taking off...DUH! I guess they don't realise that military AIRPORTS usually have military AIRPLANES that occasionally need to TAKE OFF to protect our country...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

TripleTransAm Guest
    I totally agree... what the heck are people thinking of when they move next to an airport? Has anyone of the airport-complainers ever SEEN a plane or been in one? Or considered how much frigging thrust is required to haul their fat asses several thousand feet into the air?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleTransAm
    I totally agree... what the heck are people thinking of when they move next to an airport? Has anyone of the airport-complainers ever SEEN a plane or been in one? Or considered how much frigging thrust is required to haul their fat asses several thousand feet into the air?
    Don't leave out the numb nuts who build their 'McMansion' right next to the Interstate and then promptly start whining for Noise Abatement Walls!!!
    Guess whose Tax $$$ pays for the $20,000 per foot walls???
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

So the save englishtown petition was worthless?it seems anymore not to even bother signing them as they(lawmakers) make there decision without even considering the thousands that signed it.So what is a petition for anymore?

Thread Information