Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear deck spoiler installation questions

Question Rear deck spoiler installation questions

As you can all see from the picture in my sig, I own a black Crown Vic LX Sport. I have always felt that the CV Sport needed something more than just a center console and 5 spoke wheels to set it apart from the base and LX model Vics. It almost seems that the "Sport" (by its very name) cries out for a small rear deck spoiler like the optional MM one.

Now, I am not interested in attempting to make my car "look like a Marauder". I wouldn't even consider adding a rear deck spoiler to a regular Crown Vic... but I think it would look pretty sharp on the black Sport model with the 5-spoke wheels. It's just a small addition that would make a nice, subtle "statement" IMHO.

I know I'm not the only person who has considered purchasing the optional "dealer installed" Marauder rear deck spoiler for installation on a Crown Vic. I also know I could go to the local L/M dealer and have them order and install one on my car FOR me. Trouble is, I'm pretty fanatic about the way my car is treated. I know you guys feel the same about your cars. I positively HATE letting anyone work on it. I don't relish the idea of letting some so-called "service technician" who really doesn't give a rip about my car, start boring holes into my trunk and doing a half-arsed installation job.

I recall several months ago there was quite a bit of discussion on these boards regarding purchasing the factory spoiler and "doing it yourself". I've used the search feature to try to find those posts but can't find the particular ones I want. I'm not 100% sure that I WILL add a spoiler, but I'm leaning strongly in that direction.

If someone could supply me with the info or point me in the right direction, what I'd like to know is:

1) Where is the best place (price-wise) to order the factory spoiler (painted black, not just primed)?
    2) What is the part number?
    3) Where is the link to the installation instructions and tips that were posted on mercurymarauder.net a few months back?

Thank you in advance to any responders. -Cooper

(BTW... if the admins feel this thread belongs in the Lounge instead of Community Discussion, just move it. I wasn't sure which one to put it in.)

Stealth:

2W7Z-5444210-AAB (black painted)

www.fordpartsnetwork.com

219.99 plus approx $7 shipping

The installation sheet is fairly self-explanatory, my wife and I did ours in a little over an hour, and we went really slowly and triple-checked everything...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

^
    ^

What RF said.

Here

and Here

I think....
    300A , Valentine 1 / K-40 Laser Defuser + ,SCT Tuner XCal2 ,180 T-Stat,Plugs,4:10 gears,
    KB Dead Pedal, Factory Spoiler ,Dynamat Xtreme,Tint,Rear cooling Kit (DR),
    Stallion Torque Converter (DR),PHP Intake Spacer Kit,K&N 63-1111cold air kit
    Kooks Headers.

Thanks, badger...that second link (to CVN) is a good one...I never saw it before...nice pix of what it would look like in Silver.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

Ditto on the spoiler comments, the Ford install kit is really well done and very straight forward to get an absolutely perfect install.

RF, Charlie, Logan- thanks very much guys. I've got all the tools except the 1" hole saw. (God I hate the idea of poking holes into a $29K car!) No problem with leaky trunks after installation, right?!! I'm working up the courage... Thanks again! -Coop
    Last edited by Cooper; 02-06-2003 at 07:55 PM.

Hey Stealth, looking at the part number that RF gave that IS a Crown Vic part no. so it WILL fit perfect..................

just my .02
    "From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe"

He's here! Carson James Mo--our 1st
    Born 6/02/2005

Member Windy City Marauders

1988 Mustang LX notch
    5.0 5 speed
    Engine by Total Performance
    GONE rear ended by a douchbag on his phone

1990 Mustang LX Notch bought from the original owner

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (hers)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
    (")_(")* into your signature to help her gain world domination.

the part number that RF gave that IS a Crown Vic part no. so it WILL fit perfect..................
    Jeff-Mo... I didn't know they made them specifically for Crown Vics TOO!!?? (I figured the MM spoilers would be a perfect fit on a CV 'cause the trunks of both cars are the same anyway).

Yeah my first thought was to go in to work tomorrow and look it up in the catalog but then I recognized the part #as Crown Vic(W7 vs W3 for Grand Marquis exclusive)

That's a really sweet looking car and it'll look that much better with the spoiler

Born 6/02/2005

1988 Mustang LX notch
    5.0 5 speed

(\__/)

Originally posted by Stealth Vic
    No problem with leaky trunks after installation, right?!! I'm working up the courage... Thanks again! -Coop
    The spoiler comes with the same 3M tape that's on the VentVisors...it goes around the entire outline of the spoiler where it seals up against the trunk lid. Plus the hardware package includes these little "gummy-washers" that are installed with the four 8mm bolts that actually secure the spoiler, so even if the tape gaps, water won't enter the trunk compartment.

Believe me, Coop...I agonised over doing this myself, but I'm glad I did, it really did go smoothly.
    Last edited by RF Overlord; 02-07-2003 at 09:47 AM.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

Originally posted by RF Overlord
    Thanks, badger...that second link (to CVN) is a good one...I never saw it before...nice pix of what it would look like in Silver.

Glad I could help.
    Thats what sold me,on getting the spoiler and doing the install.Now if it would just get here...Arrrhhh it just started to snow 3-6 inches by morning. Arrrhhh puts boots back on, out to the garage to make sure snowblower has gas.Everybody after me NO MORE SNOW, NO MORE SNOW.......
    300A , Valentine 1 / K-40 Laser Defuser + ,SCT Tuner XCal2 ,180 T-Stat,Plugs,4:10 gears,
    KB Dead Pedal, Factory Spoiler ,Dynamat Xtreme,Tint,Rear cooling Kit (DR),
    Stallion Torque Converter (DR),PHP Intake Spacer Kit,K&N 63-1111cold air kit
    Kooks Headers.

what's snow?

Born 6/02/2005

1988 Mustang LX notch
    5.0 5 speed

(\__/)

Originally posted by jefferson-mo
    what's snow?
    That's the white stuff you west coast guys drive into the mountains to play in. We just don't have to go anywhere to get it. Supposed to have 5" to 8" before this storm blows ouyt to sea today. Man I love those winter tires!

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

what are 'winter tires'

Born 6/02/2005

1988 Mustang LX notch
    5.0 5 speed

(\__/)

Originally posted by jefferson-mo
    what are 'winter tires'
    Those of us who live in areas where the white stuff falls in the winter months needed better tires for those days. I went through one storm and had the tires on oder the next day after work. The original tires really stink in that kind of weather. Most of us have, thanks to the diligent work of another member, ordered the winter tire package from TireRack. It consisted of 4 cv/pi 16" rims and required Mich. Alpine tires in the size need for the MM. I'm now into the 2nd snow storm since they were installed and this will be the worst yet, 5-8" of the white stuff. No trouble getting to work tonight, but then again there was only an inch or less on the ground. Going home this morning might be a challenge that I believe the MM is now up to with these tires. Of course, I didn't have 4.10's installed for the earlier storms either. Only time will tell......

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information