Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gas mileage with 4.30 's

gas mileage with 4.30 's

even though I'm not one to care about the miles per gallon of my pleasure cars, I figured some may be curious as to the real world mpg figures. ( May have already been covered with this ratio who knows) I observed about 15.1 Mpg over a 16.5 gallon tankful with maybe one hundred highway miles and the rest mixed/ city with plenty of full throttle blasts and aggressive driving in between.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Today I had 16.1 with 4:10's mixed driving with a few mild take offs.

And a lot of boosted ones
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

I average 8-10. Not kidding.

Just a toy.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

That same tank of gas is close to 75$ here, I might get 400km or 240 miles if I'm easy on it.
    1987 GN running 10's. 2003 MM Blue Sold and dearly missed!
    2003 Black 300B
    Procharger P1sc with air to air intercooler
    3,000 PI converter
    4.10 Eaton posi 31 spline carrier
    Moser 31 spline axles
    Koos headers, with custom stainless exhaust, Megs tips
    Carbon fiber drive shaft
    Metco control arms
    Every autometer procomp gauge in the catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

Just a toy.

And all those gears
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

If you really care about gas mileage buy a Honda or gtf outta here.
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

Just a toy.

I'm sure the fun is worth way more than the price of admission.. My 76 olds 98 with a 455 averages about the same but at a much slower pace justbob . I would almost pay for a ride in yours brother

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    If you really care about gas mileage buy a Honda or gtf outta here.
    Ha ha yup! I have an olds and Pontiac each with 455's and a 78 olds with a 350 so my marauder and crown Victoria are the smallest engines in my ghetto sled fleet. You want mpg? Ride a bike ! But at the same time another member asked in a message about my mileage with these gears so I figured I would post the numbers for general knowledge.

I get 3 tanks to a set of drag radials, no clue what that works out too in mpgs, ymmv.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Guys claim a 1 to 2 mile drop with the 4.10's so I'd figure at least the same for the next jump. 19-20 mpg hwy would be a reasonable expectation avg N/A.

4.10's, MO's tune, 3500 stall, J-Mod, bunch of other mods & I don't baby it.

Avg. fuel economy - 16.12
    Worst fuel economy - 11.15
    Best fuel economy - 23.65

Avg. distance - 233.75 miles
    Min. distance - 89.00 miles
    Max. distance - 403.00 miles

Avg. cost/mile - 0.21
    Smallest fill up - 7.15 gal.
    Largest fill up - 17.54 gal.
    Fuel used per year - 201.46 gal.

Unable to get the ear-to-ear gin off my face when I drive it!

BTW... I use a mileage app on my phone.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Totally stock except for the K&N CAI that was on the car when I got it. I got 25.1mpg on the highway cruising to see my niece get married, and get 14 or 15 driving pretty hard around town. I'm thinking about 4.10s in the future, but not sure 4.30s would be cool for a daily driver. Any of you 4.30 guys a daily driver?

Last vehicle I had with 4.30s was an off road truck.
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Guys claim a 1 to 2 mile drop with the 4.10's so I'd figure at least the same for the next jump. 19-20 mpg hwy would be a reasonable expectation avg N/A.
    Actually I drove a 4.10 geared, 3300 rpm stall, vortech V2 blown marauder that Dennis Reinheart failed to tune the torque converter locked at anything past 15% throttle. Let's just say driving 1600 miles with the converter wanting to unlock at any highway incline sucked

I had to drive the car perfectly to keep the torque converter locked, it was a biotch

Car got 19-20 mpg at 65-75 mph and ac on and off depending on what state was hot or cold. WITH A VORTECH BLOWER!!

My DD black 300a with one of those flip chips everyone here says is old technology got that sucker 26-28 mpg. Not lying man, it got us there and back in 2 1/2 days over 3200 miles

I'm just talking out loud, going from 26-28 to 19-20 mpg would really tick me off with just a gear swap and no blower

Heck, buddy of mine got better gas mileage with his car eaton swapped vs stock

Add some turbos and were up to 30 mpg!!!
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    Heck, buddy of mine got better gas mileage with his car eaton swapped vs stock

Add some turbos and were up to 30 mpg!!!

Same here. I installed the Trilogy and picked up almost 2 MPG. Then I dyno tuned it and went one pulley size down and picked up yet another mile per gallon. It's all in the street manners of each tune.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Totally stock except for the K&N CAI that was on the car when I got it. I got 25.1mpg on the highway cruising to see my niece get married, and get 14 or 15 driving pretty hard around town. I'm thinking about 4.10s in the future, but not sure 4.30s would be cool for a daily driver. Any of you 4.30 guys a daily driver?

Last vehicle I had with 4.30s was an off road truck.
    4.10's lose about 1-2 mpg.

I'd assume 4.30 will lose another 1-2 mpg (total of 2-4 mpg).

Around town with 4.30 would be fun.... anything above 50 or 60 on the highway would suck IMHO.

4.10's are a good choice for a daily driver around town and highway. Remember 4.10's were supposed to be in the MM (verified by Steve Babcock)... the corporation was looking to increase the CAFE so they went with 3.55's instead.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information