Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What made you want a marauder??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What made you want a marauder??

Out of curiosity anyone wanting to share about what sparked the marauder interest for you?

For me....I must of have been like age 20 driving to work.....as I'm driving in the freeway i see a a black marauder( at the time I didn't know about it) entering the freeway, and it was a biker type dude with the tattoo sleeves and the long beard with dark shades. I thought to myself wow.... That dude right there is doing it....whatever he's doing, he's doing it right. Since then I was hooked like if I had been starstruck and the savings began along with the pursuit and here I'm now on my third marauder and all because that one morning commuting to work.

I was at the New York Auto Show in December of 2003. The car just spoke to me.
    I went to the local Lincoln-Mercury dealer that April of 2004. The salesman never heard of a Marauder. When I told him that it was indeed a Ford product, another salesman said he thinks he had a flyer. I sat with salesman #2 and ordered the car.
    It arrived in mid-May.
    I started to modify it by mid-June. It has been a work in progress... along with five Mustangs.

Interesting......

Quote Originally Posted by jsignorelli View Post
    I was at the New York Auto Show in December of 2003. The car just spoke to me.
    I went to the local Lincoln-Mercury dealer that April of 2004. The salesman never heard of a Marauder. When I told him that it was indeed a Ford product, another salesman said he thinks he had a flyer. I sat with salesman #2 and ordered the car.
    It arrived in mid-May.
    I started to modify it by mid-June. It has been a work in progress... along with five Mustangs.
    Lol dude done lost a sale sales guy #1

First panther when I was 14, liked them since. MM is a way cooler MGM.

I had 5 CV's (4 Silver ones) over a 10 year period and traveled a lot for a living......GREAT cars with few problems but weak engines so I watched as FORD developed the "FORD BLACKHAWK"....only problems....it was black and they canned it!!

Next came the BLACK Marauder in it's place.......again....no more BLACK cars!!

The "Colors" came out and I fell in LOVE with the Silver Birch.......ordered it in late September 2003...delivered on 11/25/03 and the rest is HISTORY!!

260,000+ miles and almost 12 years later I'm still in LOVE!!

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

I saw a drug dealer driving it and fell in love with how different it looked from the other cars on the road. No rims, and no sound system, just the car itself.
    And that's a true story.

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

I liked the Impala SS's when they came out but cold not afford one. I was looking on Ford's website and saw they had the Marauder. This was in April 2004 and I had never heard of them. I was driving by the local Ford dealership after work and decided to look and there she sat MY DTR. I test drove it and fell in LOve and she followed me home. Still have her and she is my favorite.
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

Quote Originally Posted by cer0413 View Post
    I saw a drug dealer driving it and fell in love with how different it looked from the other cars on the road. No rims, and no sound system, just the car itself.
    And that's a true story.
    Nice! Got that btw, work on it commencing soon!
    11.931 @ 116.33 (MT ET Streets)
    12.073 @ 118.43 (Nitto 555)

I love the smell of Nitromethane and rubber in the morning!
    Drag racers prayer:
    As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

And that's a true story.

Same story for me. I was in high school when they came out! So I settled for a Mustang GT. When I brought the car, there was 5DTR's 1SB and 4 Black on the dealer lot. Years later, I was able to buy one. On my Second Marauder now...

And that's a true story.

That's funny because my story is pretty much the same as that.

I saw a drug dealer in my native Detroit driving one. I fell in love with the tone of the exhaust as he flew past. And then I saw another...and another...and another...mostly driven by people who I knew to be drug dealers. Most of the ones that I saw weren't modified (externally) beyond maybe some tint on the windows. I wanted one really bad right then. But the $35k price tag was a bit out of my budget as a full time college student.

Around 2006 or so I moved to mid Michigan and I stopped seeing Marauders, and I forgot all about them. Fast forward to Feb 2015, my wife was bugging me about buying another car. I couldn't figure out what type of car I wanted, until 1 night I was talking about college and then the word "Marauder" came out of my mouth.

I immediately took to Craigslist and MM.net (after Googling: Mercury Marauder) to try and find one that I could afford. After searching tirelessly for about 5 or 6 weeks, I found a 300A in March that was in excellent shape, with less than 110k, that needed absolutely no work done to it, that I could afford, and I've been enjoying it ever since. I intended on using it as DD, but it's too unique for that so I drive it MAYBE 3 times per week...MAYBE. So I'll be looking for a winter beater pretty soon.

I think one of my coworkers here in Indiana was more jacked about my car than I was when I got it, especially when he found out about the Lidio tune on it. If you go to Lidio's site, that particular coworker is the owner of the 2008 Green Mustang Bullitt in the "Customer Cars" section. Even the guys at the Ford dealership were drooling all over it when I took it in for an oil change.

I guess this was my introduction to MM.net. I'm enjoying my membership in the "Marauder Owners" fraternity, and look forward to it for years to come. On that note, I'm thinking about boosting it...but I'm not 100% committed to it yet.
    Last edited by PapaDoe; 07-23-2015 at 12:46 PM.

My dad brought home a used MERCURY PARKLANE convertible he bought on a whim. Years later, when I started to drive he let me use it because as a young driver I'd be so safe in it. Little did he know..... I LOVED IT!! It was big and sounded so good! I loved stepping on it and feeling the power. It turned a lot of heads at stoplights and got me lots of offers for a little red light racing to and from my job at the Mall. I was so hooked! My next few cars like OPEL and CELICA didn't do much for me, just a means to get from here to there. So my love of driving something big and bad faded into the past along with that big MERC.

Fast forward to 2003, now married and commuting 50+ miles a day in a car I hated, (Crown Vic), I told my husband I wanted something really great to drive. I wanted to have fun behind the wheel again. Being an avid reader of all the car magazines, Eric told me what I needed was a MERCURY MARAUDER. A what?? In October of '03 we went to our local Ford/Mercury dealer and ordered an '04 in Silver Birch. What can I say, I have my super smart, super awesome husband to thank for steering me to the best car I've ever owned. Eric promised me I would love my new MARAUDER and like most things, he was right. I did and I do! Shades of my youth in Dad's big MERCURY!
    Thanks again, Mr. Man! And thanks, Dad!
    Last edited by Ms. Denmark; 07-25-2015 at 08:16 AM.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    Nice! Got that btw, work on it commencing soon!
    Oohh yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mercur View Post
    Same story for me. I was in high school when they came out! So I settled for a Mustang GT. When I brought the car, there was 5DTR's 1SB and 4 Black on the dealer lot. Years later, I was able to buy one. On my Second Marauder now...
    5Dtr's??? Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaDoe View Post
    That's funny because my story is pretty much the same as that.

I saw a drug dealer in my native Detroit driving one. I fell in love with the tone of the exhaust as he flew past. And then I saw another...and another...and another...mostly driven by people who I knew to be drug dealers. Most of the ones that I saw weren't modified (externally) beyond maybe some tint on the windows. I wanted one really bad right then. But the $35k price tag was a bit out of my budget as a full time college student.

Around 2006 or so I moved to mid Michigan and I stopped seeing Marauders, and I forgot all about them. Fast forward to Feb 2015, my wife was bugging me about buying another car. I couldn't figure out what type of car I wanted, until 1 night I was talking about college and then the word "Marauder" came out of my mouth.

I immediately took to Craigslist and MM.net (after Googling: Mercury Marauder) to try and find one that I could afford. After searching tirelessly for about 5 or 6 weeks, I found a 300A in March that was in excellent shape, with less than 110k, that needed absolutely no work done to it, that I could afford, and I've been enjoying it ever since. I intended on using it as DD, but it's too unique for that so I drive it MAYBE 3 times per week...MAYBE. So I'll be looking for a winter beater pretty soon.

I think one of my coworkers here in Indiana was more jacked about my car than I was when I got it, especially when he found out about the Lidio tune on it. If you go to Lidio's site, that particular coworker is the owner of the 2008 Green Mustang Bullitt in the "Customer Cars" section. Even the guys at the Ford dealership were drooling all over it when I took it in for an oil change.

I guess this was my introduction to MM.net. I'm enjoying my membership in the "Marauder Owners" fraternity, and look forward to it for years to come. On that note, I'm thinking about boosting it...but I'm not 100% committed to it yet.
    It was meant to be.

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

And that's a true story.
    Weird, me too!
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Owned 2 Vics and GM's version. Despite my chevy being faster. The MM I fell in love with because of styling,appearance, ride, quality of build.
    I was lucky enough to have both at same time. Cheby long gone. MM enjoying fruitfully. Done several road trips with it. More to come.
    It wasn't me who needed convincing, it was my wife. Took her to drag strip and ADAM took wife for rip....she was sold. Month later I bought one
    Not all disabilites are visible

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information