Thread: Help with issue

Help with issue

I am trying to describe an issue to my dealership, but I am having trouble describing it properly.

I thought perhaps others here could point me a some possible causes so I could speak more definitively with the dealership.

If I lightly press the gas pedal and release it, and do this several times in succession I hear a clunking noise from under the car. Like something is engauging.

I don't know if this is the drive shaft or some other component. I am not even sure if it is normal....though I have never heard it on any other car I have owned.

Any thoughts?

I will try the same procedure on my car this afternoon. If anything happens I'll post.
    Ignorance is Bliss. I hope you're enjoying it.

TRILOGY № 86 - 13.5PSI
    "Lidio-Tuned" : 386.5RWHP 426.9RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer
    If I lightly press the gas pedal and release it, and do this several times in succession I hear a clunking noise from under the car. Like something is engauging.
    U joint? Rear end?
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Drivetrain

Assuming you are moving in a forward direction, a "clunk" would tend to be rear-end vs, a "clang" would point at the driveshaft, IMHO.

With a wrench in hand, slide under the car and tap the driveshaft seeing if it is similar to the sound you are hearing.

If it is, then possible premature u-joint failure may be occurring.

If not, I would have them check the rear-end.

Mike.

I am trying to describe an issue to my dealership, but I am having trouble describing it properly.

I thought perhaps others here could point me a some possible causes so I could speak more definitively with the dealership.

I don't know if this is the drive shaft or some other component. I am not even sure if it is normal....though I have never heard it on any other car I have owned.

Any thoughts?

Exclamation I have an idea

Any thoughts?
    Don't know with out hearing it...Hey come to the CAM Meet on Sunday and let some MM.net professionals listen to it and figure it out for you.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

I believe the noise you are hearing is normal drivetrain backlash. Compare it to another car but I think you will find they all have the same noise. If your going to the dealer anyway, have them check to be sure you don't have a u-joint going out.

What about the Axles? I remember Ghost03 saying he heard a noise coming from his rearend.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SouLRioT
    What about the Axles? I remember Ghost03 saying he heard a noise coming from his rearend.
    I thought that was a methane issue?

Could it be the TC locking and unlocking?
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

I've heard the same noise before. If I'm going down a smooth street (helps hear noises when you're not bouncing all over the place) at about 20mph or so, and tap the gas a couple times, you do hear a noise, almost around the transmission area. It is hard to describe, but I think it's the same; sort of like something engaging. The best I can describe it is that if the motor mounts were shot, it feels and occurs at the same time as you would feel the motor jump (if that were the case). I just wrote it off as normal.
    Best,
    Rick

2004 Silver Birch w/Light Flint Interior
    10.44 @ 131.66 MPH | 604 RWHP & 562 RWTQ

- Trilogy Supercharger #79 Twinscrew w/ 14PSI, Alternative Auto Forged 5.3 Stroker, Stage III Cams, JLT CAI, 405lph Return Fuel System, XL Heat Exchanger, 4.10's, Built Transmission, SCT 90MM MAF, Custom Tuned by Lidio.

- Kooks Headers. Magnaflow Cats & 18" Mufflers with 2.5" X-Pipe & Tailpipes. Megs' Res-Delete Tips

- Widened 9.5" Rear Rims w/Nitto NT555G2 Front Tires and NT555Rii Drag Radials.
       245/45/ZR18 & 305/45/ZR18. TCE Performance Brakes and SS lines.

- Spoiler, MMX Driveshaft, Metco Loop and Control Arms, ADTR Front and Addco Rear Sway Bars, Art Carr Transmission Pan, Eaton Posi, Stud & Girdle kit, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Marauder Door Sills, SS Inserts, Dynamat, Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX with 6x8" 260w Speakers and 12" 1400w Sub-woofer

Thread Information