Thread: Black with Moonroof

Black with Moonroof

https://www.proautokingston.com/mobi...ingston-ma.htm

Drove past this Marauder for sale today, I was surprised to see that it had a moonroof.

Little research says that it was not originally a moonroof car as the VIN is 2MEHM. I think 2MHHM would be a designated Moonroof car.

Price seems high for a relatively average conditioned Marauder, but it’s been for sale for quite a long time now if anyone is looking to haggle.

I’m in the camp of liking a solid roof above my head. I’ve had T-Tops, convertibles, and moonroof cars...and they all leak eventually and it’s just one more issue waiting to happen. Hardtops only for me! (Ok, my 68 GTO is a convertible but Dad loves them so I allow it )

Zero 2003 marauders came from the factory with a moonroof. Most likely someone installed a wabasto moonroof, and it will have some funky switch panel.
    Would be nice to see what the switches are, since that car came with a full length upper console.

That car is way overpriced.

Now i am with you, i HATE t-tops and moonroofs. Goes back to my high school days of driving my car with t-tops in the rain, and needing towels on my lap to stay dry.

I bought a DTR with a moonroof (oem) and i jump in a hardtop MM and miss the moonroof. I actually enjoy the moonroof now
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    Zero 2003 marauders came from the factory with a moonroof. Most likely someone installed a wabasto moonroof, and it will have some funky switch panel.
    Would be nice to see what the switches are, since that car came with a full length upper console.

That car is way overpriced.

Now i am with you, i HATE t-tops and moonroofs. Goes back to my high school days of driving my car with t-tops in the rain, and needing towels on my lap to stay dry.

I bought a DTR with a moonroof (oem) and i jump in a hardtop MM and miss the moonroof. I actually enjoy the moonroof now

I thought that there were no 03 Moonroofs but I wasn’t sure! Definitely aftermarket then.

My 79 Trans Am had T-Tops and that’s probably the main reason why I don’t own it anymore. The 400 4 speed was a blast and the car ran a couple 13 second 1/4 mile passes. But the combination of the interior always getting soaked and worrying about unibody flex really irked me.

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
    I thought that there were no 03 Moonroofs but I wasn’t sure! Definitely aftermarket then.

My 79 Trans Am had T-Tops and that’s probably the main reason why I don’t own it anymore. The 400 4 speed was a blast and the car ran a couple 13 second 1/4 mile passes. But the combination of the interior always getting soaked and worrying about unibody flex really irked me.
    Are you a mind reader or what?

The t-top car i was talking about was my 79 Trans am i bought in a barn at age 14. I actually had matching 79 10th anniversary trans ams while i was in high school. Then bought a 4 speed one after high school. All 10ths silver on silver with silver mirror t-tops. This was probably taken summer of 1990
    Last edited by Turbov6Bryan; 01-23-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 Black 300a

04 Heaton Swapped DTR

Are you a mind reader or what?

The t-top car i was talking about was my 79 Trans am i bought in a barn at age 14. I actually had matching 79 10th anniversary trans ams while i was in high school. Then bought a 4 speed one after high school. All 10ths silver on silver with silver mirror t-tops. This was probably taken summer of 1990
    Now that’s cool!! Haha

Love those 10th Anniversary cars, the silver with the mirrored tops is awesome! For whatever reason my 79 came with mirrored tops, someone must have swapped them. My car was a Y84 black and gold SE at birth, painted red at some point in the 90’s by someone who didn't know any better.

Man it looks great in red, i cant believe they painted over the oem black paint lol.

I dont even miss them. Sold the last one in a garage sale of all places. Do i miss the money i could sell it for now? Ummm yes.

Fun cars at the time, but i got bit by the buick grand national bug and the pontiacs went away, and the 20th trans ams came in later.

3 of mine in 1995 or 1996
    Last edited by Turbov6Bryan; 01-23-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Current marauders

03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 Black 300a

04 Heaton Swapped DTR

Man it looks great in red, i cant believe they painted over the oem black paint lol.

I dont even miss them. Sold the last one in a garage sale of all places. Do i miss the money i could sell it for now? Ummm yes.

Fun cars at the time, but i got bit by the buick grand national bug and the pontiacs went away, and the 20th trans ams came in later.

3 of mine in 1995 or 1996
    I miss the fun factor of it, but I’ll never buy another 2nd gen FBody most likely...if I find a 4th Gen WS6 with a hardtop and a T56 it’s on though

I’m a big moonroof fan from way back - never had one leak. Taking delivery of my 1st Marauder friday in Michigan and driving it back to NC. Signature still makes an inbuilt unit for our cars. I’m trying to find some images of modified roof consoles of aftermarket installations. I recall reading were people used a console from the 2002 FWD Continental? I’m trying to get as much info to the local roof installer as possible.

Black with Moonroof

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
    https://www.proautokingston.com/mobi...ingston-ma.htm

Drove past this Marauder for sale today, I was surprised to see that it had a moonroof.

Little research says that it was not originally a moonroof car as the VIN is 2MEHM. I think 2MHHM would be a designated Moonroof car.

Price seems high for a relatively average conditioned Marauder, but it’s been for sale for quite a long time now if anyone is looking to haggle.

I’m in the camp of liking a solid roof above my head. I’ve had T-Tops, convertibles, and moonroof cars...and they all leak eventually and it’s just one more issue waiting to happen. Hardtops only for me! (Ok, my 68 GTO is a convertible but Dad loves them so I allow it )

The last picture isn't even the inside of a Marauder.

In fact, the Marauder is parked next to that car pictured with the moonroof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    I’m a big moonroof fan from way back - never had one leak. Taking delivery of my 1st Marauder friday in Michigan and driving it back to NC. Signature still makes an inbuilt unit for our cars. I’m trying to find some images of modified roof consoles of aftermarket installations. I recall reading were people used a console from the 2002 FWD Continental? I’m trying to get as much info to the local roof installer as possible.
    Just buy a used marauder switch panel

Current marauders

03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 Black 300a

04 Heaton Swapped DTR

Just buy a used marauder switch panel
    Thanks for the reply. That did occur to me; will begin asking around for one. Wondering about the aftermarket wiring using the factory switch….

Thread Information