Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: that one Procharged build thread *picture heavy updates*

That's gonna be very nice when done. Very cool reincarnation of your car.
    SEMPER FI From York, Pa

Blog Entries
    Search for the below post or ask Zack.

03-27-2010, 11:24 AM

Zack
    Passenger Side Inlet FTW

Trader: (18)
    Post Feedback

Again, this is the simplest, easiest way to accomplish the same thing...
    The idler boss can be purchased through Metco, LFP and Procharger I think:
    All you need to do is take a timing cover bolt out and bolt this on
    Attached Thumbnails
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Thanks everyone! My canton windage tray came in, it's a very stout proper looking piece. I spent all day yesterday cleaning up the threads on my pinion because I was to lazy and used a hammer to remove the pinion. Needless to say, the hammer slipped off the punch I was using and flattened some beginning threads, but I saved it though! I'll get some more pictures of the progress when I'm in some wifi, went over my data now is super slowwwww

Subscribing, great post and build. Wish I had your knowledge. You make it sound easy.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
    Subscribing, great post and build. Wish I had your knowledge. You make it sound easy.
    Thank you, almost everything is easy to physically do as long as you have the tools, half the battle is picking up those tools and digging in. Lol. All the knowledge that I've learned is either from experience, or research. If I ever have a question about something in my head I'll just Google it. Lol what a day and age to be alive. Lol!

Love how these wheels look on the car do you happen to know their specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it's cheap and reliable it isn't fast
    If it's cheap and fast it isn't reliable
    If it's fast and reliable it isn't cheap

Quote Originally Posted by blkZooM View Post
    Love how these wheels look on the car do you happen to know their specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    xxr 531s they came with the car, 18" 10.5" rear width with around +15mm offset, fronts are either 9 or 9.5" at around +25mm

rear tires are 295/45/18 nitto 555 nt

so today i spent trying to get my rear end footprint right. (previous owner was way off)
    and then after about 5 attempts, i accidentally dropped the backlash shims and they went everywhere, so i placed the diff down and walked away slowly...

either way, this is a really good read if you find yourself changing your gears.

i learned a cool trick to get the ring/ diff out, you just place a rag or something on the ring and rotate the ring gear with a wrench and the rag pushes it out of its seat. pretty cool.

pops right out

then i decided to put in some new gauges. i still need to dim them quite a bit (they have an adjustment on the back) the pictures dont really give them justice, then i moved my wideband to my steering column.

oh and here is that windage tray. had to modify my pickup, and cut a slight recess to clear the pickup. fits like a glove now.

finally my rod came in today!!! its go time on the engine tomorrow

Make sure you spin that rotating assembly before buttoning everything up.
    Be sure everything clears the windage tray

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Oh yea for sure, I rotate it even after I sneeze lol. Im still going to clean up the remains of the pick up tube scraper so I have a little more clearance between the tube and tray.

Also I'm seeing 2 different ways to modify the main tensioners 1st way is just grinding smooth the bottom 3-4 teeth, and the second is to grind all of them and use a purchased spacer, it's there any Benefit to either way? I'm thinking of just doing the 1st way unless there is a significant benefit /reason to go with the 2nd way with the spacers. Anyone?

Old County Police Mechanics Creed." If you speed in my County'' ,check your mirrors because there may be a- FORD- in your Future
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    This is the truth. at age 21 I learned the hard way at Northeast Ford , The starter made one revolution and I had to R/R for the second time . [no money made that day]. True confessions of a GREEN line mechanix.
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Where in Tampa are you from? Pretty positive I saw you at the corner of Florida and Bearss about a month or so ago. I'm assuming that was BEFORE you spun a bearing. Things are lookin good so far! Keep up the good work and lets meet up sometime.
    2003 Black 300A
    Adopted: 4/26/14

Mods:
    Mo's Tune - K&N CAI - 4.10 FOMOCO gears - Reische 170* T-stat - NGK TR6 Plugs - Flowmaster 40s - MuscleMerc's 3" Fuel Filter Mod - Addco Front and Rear Sway Bars - TCE SS Brake Lines - Cooper RS3-G1 - Factory Spoiler - SS Bumper Inserts

Quote Originally Posted by HotRaud90 View Post
    Where in Tampa are you from? Pretty positive I saw you at the corner of Florida and Bearss about a month or so ago. I'm assuming that was BEFORE you spun a bearing. Things are lookin good so far! Keep up the good work and lets meet up sometime.
    Yup! That was most likely me, I drive all over Tampa but I live in northdale, so you probably caught me on my way home. For sure, once I'm up and running we can figure something out. Is there a Tampa marauder club or anything?

Ok so I decided to continue to start from scratch with the rear end, with no special tools or gauges (besides for backlash) what a pain this has been, and every source that I come across shows a different way of doing it and some of the info contradicts each other. It's my own fault for dropping all those damn shims... Anyways by trial and error I am getting closer. I did make my life easier by slightly grinding down the inside of the large pinion bearing so I don't have to waste time pressing it on and off every time I have to change the pinion shims.

Aaaand my tensioner came in!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information