Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marauder Top Speed?

I wish road etiquette was the same in the states as it is in Europe. It was always pleasant to drive there.
    2003 300A
    Build date 9/27/02
    Sequence# 5244 of 7839
    I have a few things done to it, Eaton swap next!
    1993 Ford Taurus SHO-Every bolt on available...Awaiting a Turbo
    2008 Ford F350 SD
    1974 Ford F350 SCS
    2011 Ford Flex Titanium, Ecoboost
    www.cardomain.com/id/shofast
    If you don't stand behind our troops; please feel free to stand in front of them!

I don’t understand the fascination with top speed runs, I don’t see the fun in it vs the risk. If I want to be dumb and reckless I’d rather smash the gas and see how long of a burnout I can do and how quick I can get to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
    I don’t understand the fascination with top speed runs, I don’t see the fun in it vs the risk. If I want to be dumb and reckless I’d rather smash the gas and see how long of a burnout I can do and how quick I can get to 60.
    Out on a long straight lonely highway....I'm only risking my own butt.
    Nothing like the prolonged howl of a V8 straining to push your car faster through the air at triple digit speeds.....'allegedly'
    I would never do such an unlawful thing on a public road.... ...
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 02-23-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Blog Entries
    I have close to 300 runs down the 1320.

Still get a charge out of each run.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Over 140 mph with my Black Marauder with 4.10s. I didn't even notice how fast I was going, a GT500 was right next to me trying to pass me though.
    2004 SB Mercury Marauder
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm doing top speed runs all the time. I'm usually sitting at 85 MPH with cruise control on and rarely go into the tripple digits, fuel is too expensive for that over here and the Autobahn is usually too congested to allow for it.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

My main reason for starting this thread was out of curiosity what the top end limit on my car is. I live in Metro Atlanta where traffic is brutal, so unless I do a road trip to Bonneville, (not likely) I’ll probably never know. Thanks to everyone who replied, you all got some great stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Black 2003 300A- built 9/07/02, # 4,675 of 7094. Trilogy #243, Installed and tuned by Mo's Speed Shop. K&N cold air intake, Aeromotive fuel pump, Kenne-Bell boost a pump, dual oil catch cans, cooling mod, complete Stainless Works long tube headers and exhaust system, Meg's non-resonated 3.5" exhaust tips , 4.10 gears. Zack & Jerry big brake conversion, TCE stainless brake lines, Ntto NT555-G2 tires;. Ridetech coilovers in front Ridetech adjustable shocks on rear air suspension. ADTR front & rear sway bars, Metco rear control arms, watts link and driveshaft loop, upgraded transmission , PTC 2800- 3000 stall torque converter, transmission cooler, driveshaft balanced, window tint, trunk spoiler, trunk organizer, SS rear bumper inserts. S55 tail lights, Red Line floor mats, Ford Escape Audiophile 6 CD Stereo, BC4E dead pedal. FBM satin aluminum pedals. Colex Supercharged Marauder emblems. Car Motorsports custom hood insulator.

Quote Originally Posted by MM03 View Post
    My main reason for starting this thread was out of curiosity what the top end limit on my car is. I live in Metro Atlanta where traffic is brutal, so unless I do a road trip to Bonneville, (not likely) I’ll probably never know. Thanks to everyone who replied, you all got some great stories!

Riding in the high speed lane through Atlanta is like Bonneville, just without the salt.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Riding in the high speed lane through Atlanta is like Bonneville, just without the salt.

I think of it more like a Nascar race, going three wide in the corners, with plenty of wrecks and cautions!

Black 2003 300A- built 9/07/02, # 4,675 of 7094. Trilogy #243, Installed and tuned by Mo's Speed Shop. K&N cold air intake, Aeromotive fuel pump, Kenne-Bell boost a pump, dual oil catch cans, cooling mod, complete Stainless Works long tube headers and exhaust system, Meg's non-resonated 3.5" exhaust tips , 4.10 gears. Zack & Jerry big brake conversion, TCE stainless brake lines, Ntto NT555-G2 tires;. Ridetech coilovers in front Ridetech adjustable shocks on rear air suspension. ADTR front & rear sway bars, Metco rear control arms, watts link and driveshaft loop, upgraded transmission , PTC 2800- 3000 stall torque converter, transmission cooler, driveshaft balanced, window tint, trunk spoiler, trunk organizer, SS rear bumper inserts. S55 tail lights, Red Line floor mats, Ford Escape Audiophile 6 CD Stereo, BC4E dead pedal. FBM satin aluminum pedals. Colex Supercharged Marauder emblems. Car Motorsports custom hood insulator.

Marauder Top Speed?

I read somewhere here in 2004 that the speed limiter on our cars was set to 127. (?) The first thing I did when I got the original 1725 tuner (and MMX drive shaft, DS loop and tail shaft lube) was remove the limiter and take it south of here to an old runway. At _exactly_ 127 I lost all feeling in the front of the car. The front end does not stay down. If I felt any control in front I would have kept going, as I had a good bit of pedal left. That told me that whoever did the wind tunnel test with it was spot on.

If I moved the steering wheel slightly right or left, I wasn’t feeling any response. I just didn’t feel comfortable at that speed, because I felt I could move the wheels accidentally, and when I slowed to 120 they would bite and I’d be heading off road.

As soon as I took my foot off and slowed just 4-5 mph I felt control in the front end again. I’m wondering how others with stock front coils managed higher speeds. (?)

A couple years later I took it to Arizona and set the cruise control at 110 and let it run for well over an hour, with no issues at all. Felt super stable.

BTW, that was before the rear engine cooling mod, and at that speed in 80 degree temps the temp gauge never moved.

If I had the opportunity to drive it on a banked track I suppose you get more out of it than that.

2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information