Thread: 2006 Tail Panel on 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis?

Question 2006 Tail Panel on 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis?

Hello all, I am new to this forum but I have had my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis for quite some time. I have been modifying lately these past few months and have the question below.

From the outside, the 2003 and 2006 rear tail panels of the Merc Grand Marquis look similar with the cosmetic difference of color. But my question is will the 2006 Grand Marquis Tail Panel fit the 2003 Grand Marquis without modification? What do I have to do to make it fit if it wont without buying a new trunk door? I am talking about the center piece only, not the tail lights but only the rear fascia piece between the 2 tail lamps.

Thank You
    Mr. Clere

Yep it will fit as a direct replacement , I put one on my '98. I had to also change the tail lamps to match.
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showc...=3&userid=5026
    or
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showc...=3&userid=5026

easy bolt on, there are two small screws hiding behind license plate (easy to miss), and unscrew license plate light and unplug wire, the reverse lamps just remove from old and install onto new one

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Thank You for your reply. But didn't you change out your whole trunk door? I do not have the money to change the whole trunk door, but I have found the 2006 tail panel for a low price and would like to just change that. Does anyone have any photos of the back? If this will definately work, I will order the part next week or so.

Next, any suggestions on painting the chrome material black on the 06 tail panel? What would work best?

Quote Originally Posted by xtcbct View Post
    Thank You for your reply. But didn't you change out your whole trunk door? I do not have the money to change the whole trunk door, but I have found the 2006 tail panel for a low price and would like to just change that. Does anyone have any photos of the back? If this will definately work, I will order the part next week or so.

Next, any suggestions on painting the chrome material black on the 06 tail panel? What would work best?
    Nope
    That is the original trunk lid it left papa FORD with. I put the spoiler on. The '06 panel is a true bolt on replacement.
    Trimbrite makes a blackout tape for the chrome, check you local auto parts stores.
    Good luck

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Thread Information