Thread: Ford to layoff 12%!

Blog Entries

Ford to layoff 12%!

As reported - "The NBC report cited a Morgan Stanley analysis that estimates a 12 percent reduction in Ford's global workforce, resulting in the loss of roughly 24,000 workers. Bob Shanks, Ford's chief financial officer, described the cutbacks as a "redesign" that would include its 70,000 white-collar employees.

With sales lagging well behind its domestic competitor General Motors, Ford has launched a $25.5 billion reorganization plan. It began in earnest in May 2017 when then-CEO Mark Fields was removed.

The company has previously announced it would drop production of its sedan, wagon and coupe models -- save for the popular Mustang -- and concentrate on SUVs and trucks.".
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

The cuts probably have nothing to do with the 60% reduction in manufacturing of vehicles.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Some are saying the new tariffs are causing extreme 1 billion dollar loss...in addition to thier previous losses/re-org.

Keep saying, enlarge mustang, 1 foot wider, 2 feet longer, add 2 more doors... Land shark Audi and BMW hunter! Call it a.... Marauder!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

It's so weird to see this, I work for one of the largest Ford dealers in the country and it seems like sales are great but I know that's just my view from the bottom. With that said, having dealt with a lot of people at Ford corporate they can trim a lot of fat. One would think the best and brightest end up working for the OEMs but that's far from the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    Keep saying, enlarge mustang, 1 foot wider, 2 feet longer, add 2 more doors... Land shark Audi and BMW hunter! Call it a.... Marauder!
    IMO, that would make too much sense, so it will not happen.

the problem with ford is that they don't advertise their limited production vehicles properly

I only buy limited production vehicles thus I would never own a mustang. I have unique fords as they are the most desire-able to me. The marauder, supercoupe, harley truck, lincoln LS 5-spd.

I don't even know what ford is offering thats limited production right now.

A friend works for a major USA heavy construction equipment company. The new tariffs have hurt their sales by 12% - 15% due to increased costs that must be passed along.

Thread Information