Thread: Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II Diecast

Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II Diecast

Looks like GMP will be creating a diecast of another very rare Mercury. They will be 1/24 scale but they're $119 ea. way too much for a 1/24. They have to be mint quality models scheduled for 3/2004

Diecast Muscle

-Dan

Stock - 300A - Ordered April 6, 02 Prod. Date: May 28, 02
    Past Favorites:
    69 Ford Fairlane Fastback 390, white
    69 Ford Talladega 428CJ, white
    69 Ford Talladega 428CJ, blue
    69 Mercury Cyclone Spolier II 351W, Cale Yarbrough Spec red/wht
    69 Mercury Cyclone Spolier II 351W, Dan Gurney Spec. blue/wht
    76 Mercury Grand Marquis 460, brn/gold 2dr
    83 Mercury Capri 5.0HO, red Crimson Cat
    84 Ford LTD LX 5.0HO, brown, little fox police package

I owned/bought a 68 Cyclone GT fastback. 302 4 barrel, 4 sp. Added Holley carb, CJ428 ram air and hood scoop, 3:5 rear (replacing 3:1 original), Goodyear Polyglas tires and Keystone Classic wheels, stereo radio with 8 track tape, and removed the lower wheel/wheel tape stripe (kept the upper stripe).

Drove it out of the dealer, and drove it right back. Car would not run; motor kept missing/shaking. After four trips, they finally fixed "something bent in the motor".

Great car, not very fast, but peppy; styling stood out against the 68 GM restyles (GTO/442/Chevelles).

One problem at the strip. Ford did not offer the 302 4 barrel in the Torino, and all the Ford info for the Cyclone was based on the Torino. They would not let me run "pure stock" because of the 4 barrel.

Kicked myself in the rear when I saw the first 69 Cyclone CJ428, but could not afford to trade the 68 in on a 69.

Thread Information