Thread: Marauder longevity as daily driver?

Smile Marauder longevity as daily driver?

This is Zachary. Have 04, since 08 @ 25M, now 136M. Any idea if I dare plan on my Marauder to last longer than say my 03 Grand Marquis LSE (it's semi retired now at 187M) assuming it was overbuilt to handle the additional power? Change oil the old fashioned way, -/+ 3000 mi, fix anything that fails and drive like the old man I am. Tach hardly ever over 2200 except on ramps. Standard G force BFG tires last me 30-35000.
    My son did add Superchip and K+N cold air induction and drilled/slotted police brakes. Hope I can still drive to Arizona for winters (from Michigan) for awhile yet. Body is still rust free as never spent winter snow/ice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZACHARY View Post
    This is Zachary. Have 04, since 08 @ 25M, now 136M. Any idea if I dare plan on my Marauder to last longer than say my 03 Grand Marquis LSE (it's semi retired now at 187M) assuming it was overbuilt to handle the additional power? Change oil the old fashioned way, -/+ 3000 mi, fix anything that fails and drive like the old man I am. Tach hardly ever over 2200 except on ramps. Standard G force BFG tires last me 30-35000.
    My son did add Superchip and K+N cold air induction and drilled/slotted police brakes. Hope I can still drive to Arizona for winters (from Michigan) for awhile yet. Body is still rust free as never spent winter snow/ice.
    You should have no problems as long as you maintain your Marauder.

BTW.... the "old fashioned" oil change is at 5,000 miles. All oils that meet the manufacturers spec will last at least 5,000 miles between changes. Your pouring money down the drain pan if you are changing it more often. I'd recommend an oil analysis be done every couple of years.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by ZACHARY View Post
    It all depends on how your son and you drive your car. In another post a few years ago, a long distance commuter had over 180,000 miles on his Marauder. I believe it was not a lot of stop and go. If you are drag racing, some people have had only 40,000 miles, before something major broke. If you have lots of stop lights and idle time, 135,000 miles. Easy flat interstate freeway may likely get you over 200,000 miles. 410 gear change will give 15% less total vehicle mileage. Jim

We have several members with over 200K on them, several are supercharged and several more are routinely drag raced.

All of these are still going stong. Like Jim said, as long as these cars are maintained, they should last for a long, long time.

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

One member, My_Rodder, out in Iowa has 250 K on the clock and her Marauder was still going strong at that many miles. Under 200K? Well maintained? I would say you got a lot of miles left on the engine.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

I've driven my since '04 much much harder than most, but I routinely over maintain. 91,000 and nobody that drives it believes it. She handles and behaves better now than she did brand new because of simple suspension upgrades. I wouldn't hesitate to daily drive it if i had no choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

243,000 and counting with the last 159,000 Supercharged!!
    No Marauder

Where is Paul T. on this. 270,000 + miles, 500+ drag time slips, 50+ oil changes. Now he's enjoying his car! I only have 110,000 on mine, and 30 time slips. I don't enjoy mine enough.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

195k here, mostly highway miles (I live 15mi from the nearest stop light, seriously)... follow the scheduled maintenance and you shouldnt have a problem. In 6 years, the only thing that caused me to break down was a bad thermostat.

132K on mine. I have owned a Grand Marquis and Town Car with no big issues. You look after it and it will look after you. These Panther platform cars are built like tanks. The motor aside from the Marauder all you have to do is look at who use these. The police, Taxi and limousine industry. If they didn’t hold up they wouldn’t have used them so extensively. It’s just too bad the only factory that built them (St. Thomas assembly Canada) is closed. I work for Ford out of the Oakville assembly complex Canada and I hope to see some of these people come to our plant to build the Edge, MKX, Flex and MKT. Long live the Panthers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    243,000 and counting with the last 159,000 Supercharged!!
    That's what I'm talking about!! Good on ya Marauderjack!!

Thread Information