Thread: No Spark or Fuel injection firing

No Spark or Fuel injection firing

I just installed an Eaton supercharged motor in the Marauder Unibody pick up. I have used the Marauder wiring harness, steering column and original key. No previous PATS issues. I have had this conversion running for 6 years with the original motor with no issues and then installed the blower motor over the course of the last year. I am trying to get it started for the first time. I have fuel pressure, oil pressure but no spark or fuel injection firing.

I am not sure what to do next. I have checked the fuses and those appear to be fine.

1. Is there a way to diagnose what is wrong with a scanning or diagnosis device? I have a Diablo tuner and it shows a few codes and it lets me load new tunes. I have not had a tuner update the ecm yet. I was going to try to get it fired first.

2. I did build a return style fuel system using the FPDM as a way to fire the new relay going to the Aeromotive 340 pump with heavy wire going directly to battery. The fuel pump is starting and then stopping as it should be with key on. Fuel pressure is fine.

3. I am getting a code that the FPDM has been disconnected or turned off. Not sure why. Can the ECM recognize that the FPDM power wire and ground wire are now going to the relay verses the pump? Would this cause ECM to not fire injectors or plugs?

4. Does the PATS shut down spark and injector firing? I have good cranking speed and everything else looks good. The ECM will accept new tunes and appears fine.

Thanks for any ideas

Karl

The only thing I know of that kills fuel and spark is PATS. Do you have a different key? They do go bad with no warning. I know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

same key

JB - I believe that I used the same key but will check that to make sure. it does sound like a PATS issue the more I think about it. Time to call the turner!

When you say, they go bad, you are talking about the Key, right?

Thanks for your reply

Karl

Correct Karl. My one factory key left me stranded probably seven years ago or better, my second one still works. What’s the odds? I had the PATS turned off in the tune so it never happens again!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

No Spark or Fuel injection firing

I just remembered that the crank sensor also controls fuel and spark. Sorry.. When bad you’ll lose both.

Verify it’s plugged in fully. If so, simply stab the back of the plug with a multimeter set on AC and look for a reading of .5 to 1 volt as someone cranks the engine. (The numbers will oscillate while cranking)

Hope this helps.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Thanks so much. will give it a try!

Karl

Thread Information