Thread: Chatterbox, Augusta, NJ

Chatterbox, Augusta, NJ

I'm looking for info on this Saturday night cruise place. I know where it is, but I've heard conflicting info on when to be there in order to find a parking spot near to the restaurant.

I've heard "be there by 5 PM", and "be there before 3 PM". Which is it?

(Planning a small two car cruise tomorrow, my 64 Galaxie and my mechanic/friend's 1966 completely restored 1966 TBird Landau.)

Thanks

If you want to park on the pavement get there early (4:30) as it's limited, maybe 35 spaces. Other older cars can park in the grass behind the restuarant. New cars park in the periferey. The organizers really don't care if newer cars show up or not and are willing to say so. Hence if I go I ride up with my buddy in his 65 Chevy pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    If you want to park on the pavement get there early (4:30) as it's limited, maybe 35 spaces. Other older cars can park in the grass behind the restuarant. New cars park in the periferey. The organizers really don't care if newer cars show up or not and are willing to say so. Hence if I go I ride up with my buddy in his 65 Chevy pickup.
    Thanks

So, we'll be there arond 3 PM.

Unfortunately, as nice as my Galaxie is, my buddy's 66 Tbird Landau puts my car to shame, so if we park side by side, my car tends to "vanish".

3p might be a bit early but you can get a snack inside while you wait. Food is pretty good. I had the pulled pork sammich last time I was there and it was tasty

We got there around 3:30, and all spots around the restaurant were taken.

Unfortunately, we were too early. Nobody was there to show us where the "old car" overflow spots were. We wound up parking where most of the newer cars park.

Needless to say, we didn't get much viewer action.

Nice show, nice cars, decent food and music.

But, it's an hour trip, and the show at The Whiskey Cafe in Lyndhurst is almost as nice, a lot closer, and I can do my Saturday night charcoaling ritual at home and still make the show.

(Coming home at sunset, top down, I had to run the heater until I cleared the Jersey "mountains".)

Next cruise night trip, going back to Bear Mtn, NY.

Well I guess if you ever go again you now have the lay of the land.

Bet cruisining home with the top down was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Well I guess if you ever go again you now have the lay of the land.

Bet cruisining home with the top down was enjoyable.
    Yeah, nice ride along Interstate 80, but, Mr Man, maybe it's just a fact of my aging, where the hell is everyone going so damn fast in heavy traffic, weaving in/out, going from the left lane to the right lane in a blink, etc?

(And, I was doing a bit better than the posted speed limit.)

Anyway, Galaxie ran great, so I'm pretty much set for the cruise down to the Wildwood Boardwalk show in September.

Unfortunately, they are predicting heavier than normal hurricane activity this season.

(Another "Sandy" and the Jersey Shore is screwed.)
    Last edited by jerrym3; 08-11-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Chatterbox closed. Building a WaWa in it's place.

Sad.
    Granted, I never managed to get up there as much as I would like.

Our Mustang Club went as a group a few weeks ago to say good bye to the Chatterbox.
    I had friends and family help to drive my cars, so that we were represented for many the years we traveled there. Good Bye, you will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by jsignorelli View Post
    Our Mustang Club went as a group a few weeks ago to say good bye to the Chatterbox.
    I had friends and family help to drive my cars, so that we were represented for many the years we traveled there. Good Bye, you will be missed.
    Were you at the Sussex all Ford show Sunday?

Thread Information