Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISO info on 04 VIN's & Build Dates

Question ISO info on 04 VIN's & Build Dates

All this hurricane nonsense down here certainly hasn't been good to the wallet ... but I'm still itching for a new 04 in DTR.

Could anyone shed some light on VIN #'s & their approximate build dates ?. Pickings are getting slim as each days passes ... but I was really hoping to find one of the later 04's if I do decide to take the plunge back into a monthly car payment again.

I know the last (6) of the VIN on the last MM(the silver one) to come off the line at the end of June ... was 696543. IIRC, the moonroof cars didn't start production till the begining of Dec. From what I've seen & researched on-line(inventory searches now & then since Dec) ... I'm guessing the Dec cars' VINS' were probably somewhere in the 62XXXX - 63XXXX range , but I must stress this is just a GUESS.

Any 04 owners care to share the last (6) of their VIN & build date ? - I'd love to have a better idea as to the approximate age/build date of what I might find snooping on-line.

TIA,

Eric

It was time for a new signature .....

Here it is .....

X

Quote Originally Posted by the_pack_rat
    All this hurricane nonsense down here certainly hasn't been good to the wallet ... but I'm still itching for a new 04 in DTR.

Could anyone shed some light on VIN #'s & their approximate build dates ?. Pickings are getting slim as each days passes ... but I was really hoping to find one of the later 04's if I do decide to take the plunge back into a monthly car payment again.

I know the last (6) of the VIN on the last MM(the silver one) to come off the line at the end of June ... was 696543. IIRC, the moonroof cars didn't start production till the begining of Dec. From what I've seen & researched on-line(inventory searches now & then since Dec) ... I'm guessing the Dec cars' VINS' were probably somewhere in the 62XXXX - 63XXXX range , but I must stress this is just a GUESS.

Any 04 owners care to share the last (6) of their VIN & build date ? - I'd love to have a better idea as to the approximate age/build date of what I might find snooping on-line.

TIA,

Eric
    Here's mine. It was a Dec. build. 2MEHM79V94X642852

Mine ends in 651300 and has a January 04 build date if I recall.
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

Mine ends in 661113 with a Feb 04 build date.

x649334, DTR with moonroof built in Jan04
    Matt
    03' Blue/Charcoal, Gone
    04' DTR, Gone

656090 Built 2/04- Dtr
    Dennis *** '04 MARAUDER DTR ,'72 SS EL CAMINO ,'07 AVALANCHE, 2018 REBEL

I'll run the VIN and give you the exact date.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Talking

There Ya go. North Park Lincoln Mercury.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width=672 bgColor=#cccccc border=0 cellspadding="0"><TBODY><TR><T D><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="1%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top width="36%" colSpan=3 height=19>Vehicle Description</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width="62%" colSpan=3 height=19>VIN 2MHHM79V74X 682110</TD><TD width="1%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD vAlign=top width="17%" rowSpan=4>Marauder</TD><TD width="2%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD vAlign=top width="46%" colSpan=2 rowSpan=4>2004 4-Dr
    4.6L SEFI DOHC V8 ENGINE
    ELECTRONIC AUTO O/D TRANS
    </TD><TD width="2%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD vAlign=top width="35.75%" height=18>Exterior</TD><TD width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="35.75%">DARK TOREADOR RED C/C MET</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Interior</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>LIGHT FLINT NUDO LEATHER BUCKET SEATS</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR height=1><TD colSpan=2>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0 cellspadding="0"><TBODY><TR><T D vAlign=top width="60%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cols=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2>Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>EXTERIOR</TD></TR><TR><TD>. 18" POLISHED FORGED WHEELS</TD></TR><TR><TD>. FOG LAMPS</TD></TR><TR><TD>. CORNERING LAMPS</TD></TR><TR><TD>. DUAL HEATED POWER MIRRORS</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>INTERIOR</TD></TR><TR><TD>. AUDIOPHILE AM/FM CASS/CD</TD></TR><TR><TD>. NUDO LEATHER SEATING</TD></TR><TR><TD>. 8 WAY POWER FRONT SEATS</TD></TR><TR><TD>. PWR LUMBAR/RECLINER SEAT</TD></TR><TR><TD>. ELEC TEMPERATURE CONTROL</TD></TR><TR><TD>. LEATHER TILT WHL W/AUDIO,</TD></TR><TR><TD>SPEED & CLIMATE CONTROLS</TD></TR><TR><TD>. AUTO DIM MIRROR</TD></TR><TR><TD>. ANALOG SATIN ALUM GAUGES</TD></TR><TR><TD>. UNIQUE FLOOR MATS</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>FUNCTIONAL</TD></TR><TR><TD>. REAR PRECISIONTRAC SUSPENS</TD></TR><TR><TD>. PERFORMANCE HANDLING PKG</TD></TR><TR><TD>. FRONT/REAR STABILIZER BAR</TD></TR><TR><TD>. POWER 4-WHEEL DISC BRAKES</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD >. POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS</TD></TR><TR><TD>. SPEED SENSITIVE VARIABLE</TD></TR><TR><TD>ASSIST POWER STEERING</TD></TR><TR><TD>. REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY</TD></TR><TR><TD>. ALL SPEED TRACTION CONTROL</TD></TR><TR><TD>. HOMELINK GARAGE OPENER</TD></TR><TR><TD>. BATTERY SAVER</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>SAFETY/SECURITY</TD></TR><TR><TD>. PERSONAL SAFETY SYSTEM</TD></TR><TR><TD>. DRIVER & PASS FRONT AND</TD></TR><TR><TD>SIDE SRS AIR BAGS</TD></TR><TR><TD>. SECURILOCK ANTI THEFT SYS</TD></TR><TR><TD>. EMERGENCY TRUNK RELEASE</TD></TR><TR><TD>. VALET KEY</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>THE MERCURY COMMITMENT</TD></TR><TR><TD>. 3 YR/36,000 MILE WARRANTY</TD></TR><TR><TD>. 100K MILE TUNE-UP INTERVAL</TD></TR><TR><TD>. 24-HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width="1%" bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top width="39%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Price Information</TD><TD align=right>MSRP</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="75%">STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width="25%">$34,220</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Key Standard Equipment</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>ORDER CODE 300A - MARAUDER</TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>FLOOR SHIFT W/CONSOLE/STORA</TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM</TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS</TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>18" POLISHED FORGED ALUM WH</TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>PERFORMANCE HANDLING SUSPEN</TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>PREMIUM PLUS AUDIO PACKAGE</TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Optional Equipment</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>2004 MODEL YEAR</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>DARK TOREADOR RED C/C MET</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>LIGHT FLINT NUDO LEATHER</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>.4.6L SEFI DOHC V8 ENGINE</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>.ELECTRONIC AUTO O/D TRANS</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>.P235/50R18 P245/55R18 AS BSW</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>JOB #2 ORDER</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>MOONROOF</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>1,025</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>6-DISC CD CHANGER/TRK MOUNTED</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>395</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>__________</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>35,640</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>DESTINATION & DELIVERY</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>725</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>TOTAL MSRP</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$36,365</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My 04 with a Moonroof is 640304, build date is 12-18-03, hope that helps.
    Black 2004 (X-03 owner), TRILOGY #127, Nitrous, Alternative Auto Tuning, Ford Racing 4.30's, k&N, Reinhart Cooling Mod, Metco Driveshaft Loop, Bobwhite Inserts, Member Sunshine State Marauders.

04 DTR, moon roof, heated seats, 6 disc changer, build date 02/04, 662152. Supposedly only 270 made with the above options.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Mine was built 04/04. I wonder if that is the month and year or day and month----I know it was built in April after I ordered it in March.

The VIN is 675651.

It's a DTR with moonroof, 6 disk changer, and heated seats.

It also appears to have been built without the problems of earlier cars. That is the tires are wearing OK (once the pressures were dropped to 30 psi front and 28 psi rear), it shifts into reverse, nor have there been any other problems in 9000 miles of travel.

Great car
    Last edited by 427435; 09-25-2004 at 12:31 PM.
    2004 Marauder, 302 hp, DTR over Charcoal, built
    04/04/04, and delivered 06/17/04. Sold 02/23/07 with 77,000 miles

2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer, 239 hp, 98,000 miles

2003 Anniversary Special Corvette Convertible, 350 hp, 18,000 miles

1967 Corvette, 435 hp, 100,000 + miles

1977 IH Scout, lots of torque, lots of miles

1994 Topaz, who cares, 232,000 miles

Here's info on my DTR '04 with moonroof:
    Built 6/15/04, last 6 of VIN, 693977.
    GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

Thanks to all that responded.

Roy, I'm sure I'll be in touch w/a few VINS when I get a better idea of what I'm doing.

Wish I knew someone that could run a locator & tell me where the closest ones are ... w/o being obligated to buy from them. I would prefer to deal one on one & go pick it up myself.

I will say this ...

Logans' hookup at John Eagle was willing to locate one for me awhile back & at a good price &/or give me a good price on what they had in stock. So anyone out that way still looking ... should'nt hesitate to get in touch with them. Sounds like you'll be treated fairly.

Who knows ... I could still end up going out that way.

Eric

It was time for a new signature .....

Here it is .....

X

TIA,

Eric
    My 2004 Marauder is a Dark Toreador Red beauty (I love this color too), and has the Light Flynt leather interior, and was built on April 19th 2004. Its VIN number is 2MHHM79V64X677237. It has the heated seats, moonroof, 6 CD player, and the trunk organizer. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by 423REED; 07-19-2006 at 06:02 AM.

I have an 04 MM DTR sunroof,heated seats,6 disc

VIN#2MHHM79V14X691000

TIA,

Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information