Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Southern Super Heavy Shootout 5

Quote Originally Posted by mcb26
    Do ya'll mind if I show up just for saturday. I don't race anymore,but I wouldn't mind hanging out for awhile.
    No problem at all. We expect lots of spectators. Spectator admission is $10. Hope to see you there!
    1996 Impala SS

12.38 @ 109 mph at SSHS6 - all motor
    385 stroker. 400 RWHP 424 RWTQ on a Mustang dyno

LeadSSled's website

Quote Originally Posted by LeadSSled
    Tom - Looks like it's up to 9 Marauders now out of 63 cars registered. Is that going to be all? Better than last year, but less than you (and I) had hoped. Well, they just don't know what they will be missing, huh?

Only one month away.
    I have been pushing at my end. I too would like see more participation, in particluar from people in the south (GA/AL/NC/SC) as well as our Florida group. I know of at least two more that we be attending and hopefully more will attend as we get closer. One of my South Florida Marauder friends is an LEO and he is awaiting to get Sunday off for the travel time home. Maybe as time gets closer more will register.
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA
    I have been pushing at my end. I too would like see more participation, in particluar from people in the south (GA/AL/NC/SC) as well as our Florida group. I know of at least two more that we be attending and hopefully more will attend as we get closer. One of my South Florida Marauder friends is an LEO and he is awaiting to get Sunday off for the travel time home. Maybe as time gets closer more will register.
    Here, let me add an incentive. For those that come, the Diet Mountain Dew is on me!

Hell, I even bet Jerry a case of Diet Mountain Dew because I don't have the big money that sailsman does!

I know that you've been pushing, and I appreciate it. I hope that people realize that I'm not blowing smoke when I say that this is likely the last Shootout put on by GASSIT for a while. They are just worn out after doing this 4 years in a row. Unless some other group in the south steps up next year, the Southern Super Heavy Shootout is over after this event. This may be the last chance.
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

Damn, and now there will be one less Marauder... Sorry guys, but it would take a miracle to get my car back on the road just to make it down.

Have a good one for me!

John

I know that you've been pushing, and I appreciate it. I hope that people realize that I'm not blowing smoke when I say that this is likely the last Shootout put on by GASSIT for a while. They are just worn out after doing this 4 years in a row. Unless some other group in the south steps up next year, the Southern Super Heavy Shootout is over after this event. This may be the last chance.
    Well hopefully we Marauder guys can take over the event here in Florida. And Martyo will provide the Diet Mountain Dew which is an incentive enought to race our big cars

Hey Marty, bring plenty in the big trunk of your Marauder when you come down to SSHS5 next month. We will have a motorhome and the ice...

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyFords
    Damn, and now there will be one less Marauder... Sorry guys, but it would take a miracle to get my car back on the road just to make it down.

Have a good one for me!

John
    Come on down anyway John if you can. You are welcome to hang out with us all.

Well hopefully we Marauder guys can take over the event here in Florida.
    A little historical perspective - The very first Super Heavy Shootout (SSHS1) was in Florida. It wasn't quite as well attended as the subsequent Shootouts because it was a longer drive for almost everyone in the country except the racers in Florida. We have historically had a big draw from the northeast. The event was moved to GA because it changed the commute to a 1-day trip rather than a 2-day trip for a large number of racers. I'm not saying that a FL event wouldn't work (and it certainly would be better than no event at all), but you will need to be aware of the possibility that it could effect attendance.
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

Sorry guys

The plan was Jerry ,Darryl,Mike Z. and myself were going to come down and have some fun but it looks like it`s not going to happen.Insted we will be going to Smackdown at Norwalk the week before.There both great events but mileage and gas prices win out here.Sorry guys hope everyone has a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack Goby
    it looks like it`s not going to happen.Insted we will be going to Smackdown at Norwalk the week before.
    Chicken! Gas dropped "way down" to $2.88 here yesterday.

Sorry that you won't be able to make the shootout. I was really looking forward to seeing your ride. Have a good time at the Smackdown event. I hope that it doesn't snow on you.
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

A little historical perspective - The very first Super Heavy Shootout (SSHS1) was in Florida. It wasn't quite as well attended as the subsequent Shootouts because it was a longer drive for almost everyone in the country except the racers in Florida. We have historically had a big draw from the northeast. The event was moved to GA because it changed the commute to a 1-day trip rather than a 2-day trip for a large number of racers. I'm not saying that a FL event wouldn't work (and it certainly would be better than no event at all), but you will need to be aware of the possibility that it could effect attendance.
    I agree on GA being a better location than FL for national attendance. Hopefully the GASSIT guys will continue the tradition if this event goes over well. Its looking pretty good with registrations and hopefully will get better.

The plan was Jerry ,Darryl,Mike Z. and myself were going to come down and have some fun but it looks like it`s not going to happen.Insted we will be going to Smackdown at Norwalk the week before.There both great events but mileage and gas prices win out here.Sorry guys hope everyone has a great time.
    Come on guys... The weather will be better in Georgia, some great Chevy competition and heck,,,,, A few of us Florida guys wanted to have the opportunity to get side by side with some Marauder Triology legends from the mean Motor City. on the track.

bigslim Guest
    And the work thing!!! Sorry guys.

So does this mean that Jerry's not coming????

I believe under the rules of engagement, he has forfeited to me and owes me a case of Diet Mountain Dew. Jerry, let me know if you need my home address (Donna has it from my Trilogy jacket order).

Remeber everyone, I have a pre-paid spot I would sell if someone wants to go!

Now raising money for a killer motor :wink: and those Girl Scouts keep making me buy more cookies!

Cheers!

John

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information