Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What made you want a marauder??

Blog Entries
    WOW, blast from the past.

When you are one of the finest you get to meet some of the finest.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Hate to say it but Hollywood did it, these cars never came across the pond so I've only seen the Crown Victorias in the movies and always thought it would be cool to own one over here. Back in 2006 my parents took me on a vacation to New York, this was my first time visiting the USA and I also saw my first Marauder there. It was actually in terrible condition but it still looked cool, I was hooked! After I did my research and seen the price tags on these cars plus the costs of importing one I knew I would have to settle for a Crown Victoria if anything so I didn't think I could ever own one.

Fast forward to 2012 when I was finally old enough to get my drivers license and shopping for my first car I actually came across a Marauder that was for sale here in Berlin, Germany! It had a €13.500 Euro price tag on it which would have converted to $16.000 Dollars so there was no chance for me to afford it and I had to let it go. Ended up buying my fathers 2003 Audi A6 and drove that for two years.

At the beginning of 2014 I started looking for cars again, the Audi was a great car but just not what I wanted. Test drove a couple Crown Victorias and was shocked at how slow they were, not at all what I had expected so I was disappointed and turned my back on them for a while. Shortly after that I moved to England to work abroad for a year and I ended up buying a 99 Ford Fairlane that was imported from Australia, it's their version of the Lincoln Town Car but it still had the 5.0 Windsor in it which made it much faster and better than the Crown Victoria in any way. The styling was a bit odd so we ended up nicknaming it the Ugly Koala but I still loved it.

A year later at the beginning of 2015 I moved back to Germany after completing my foreign work experience and took the Fairlane with me only to realize that it could not be registered in Germany due to some complicated law that bans Australian cars from being imported. I had no idea and was now stuck with a car that I couldn't drive so I needed another one. What I found was another Marauder! It turned out to be the exact same car that I was looking at 3 years before just with a much lower price tag, it was just meant to be! Drove up to Berlin the next day for a test drive and there it was, the Crown Victoria I always wanted!

Here I am today, still driving my dream car another 3 years and about 30.000 smiles per mile later. In fact I'm loving it so much that I'm currently in the process of buying another one but that's a story for later.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Quote Originally Posted by MGDriver View Post
    Hate to say it but Hollywood did it, these cars never came across the pond so I've only seen the Crown Victorias in the movies and always thought it would be cool to own one over here. Back in 2006 my parents took me on a vacation to New York, this was my first time visiting the USA and I also saw my first Marauder there. It was actually in terrible condition but it still looked cool, I was hooked! After I did my research and seen the price tags on these cars plus the costs of importing one I knew I would have to settle for a Crown Victoria if anything so I didn't think I could ever own one.

Fast forward to 2012 when I was finally old enough to get my drivers license and shopping for my first car I actually came across a Marauder that was for sale here in Berlin, Germany! It had a €13.500 Euro price tag on it which would have converted to $16.000 Dollars so there was no chance for me to afford it and I had to let it go. Ended up buying my fathers 2003 Audi A6 and drove that for two years.

At the beginning of 2014 I started looking for cars again, the Audi was a great car but just not what I wanted. Test drove a couple Crown Victorias and was shocked at how slow they were, not at all what I had expected so I was disappointed and turned my back on them for a while. Shortly after that I moved to England to work abroad for a year and I ended up buying a 99 Ford Fairlane that was imported from Australia, it's their version of the Lincoln Town Car but it still had the 5.0 Windsor in it which made it much faster and better than the Crown Victoria in any way. The styling was a bit odd so we ended up nicknaming it the Ugly Koala but I still loved it.

A year later at the beginning of 2015 I moved back to Germany after completing my foreign work experience and took the Fairlane with me only to realize that it could not be registered in Germany due to some complicated law that bans Australian cars from being imported. I had no idea and was now stuck with a car that I couldn't drive so I needed another one. What I found was another Marauder! It turned out to be the exact same car that I was looking at 3 years before just with a much lower price tag, it was just meant to be! Drove up to Berlin the next day for a test drive and there it was, the Crown Victoria I always wanted!

Here I am today, still driving my dream car another 3 years and about 30.000 smiles per mile later. In fact I'm loving it so much that I'm currently in the process of buying another one but that's a story for later.
    Great story, thanķ you for sharing It!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

They started making them in something other than BLACK and Silver was my choice in 2004 since Blue was not available DAMNIT!!
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by SteelQualityMan View Post
    Great story, thanķ you for sharing It!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Glad you enjoyed it, I can't wait for my second one to arrive.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

It was December of 2002 I was looking in the Classifies to buy my first car. On the other side was an Article in the Florida Today about the rebirth of the Mercury Marauder. Fell in love with the car. Saw them In person and knew I wanted one. didn't have the money as I was in High School making $5.15 a hour part time. So I bought an 87 LTD Crown Vic for $800. Traded it in in 2004 for the Crown Vic I currently have. In April Of 2015, while Working at a Ford Dealer, an older gentlemen traded in his Marauder for a Ford Edge. I got it for what the Dealer Paid and drove off paying around 4k for it.

The Marauder was, and still is, the Best of the Panther Platform. Yes it was a Parts bin car, But it got a lot of people excited about them. The car is so much more refined then any Panther I have driven, including any Town Cars. Most of my friends just call it a Hot Rod Grand Marquis, And I tell them they are not wrong. The Marauder was an engine package back in the late 50's early 60's. It's the only Panther with the 32v 4.6. I know I dog these cars a bit, But I do truly love them. Otherwise I wouldn't own one.
    2003 Mercury Marauder- Stock with 223k miles.

2000 Crown Victoria P73. Deep Wedge Wood Blue.
    SW longtube headers and high flow cats, magnaflow mufflers, 3.55 gears w/track lock, 70mm Aviator TB, PnP factory plenum, ADTR intake tube, 87 octaine tune by MO. Bilstein HD shocks, Mecto Rear control arms w/ watts link, Addco custom order 1.5 inch front sway bar (38mm), 1.25 inch rear bar 31.75mm (only 11 made).

In my early 20's I saw this vehicle at the Chicago Auto Show and always wanted to get one but never had the bank roll or opportunity. Luckily I finally got one last year. I guess better late than never.

I went to the 2002 Detroit Auto Show and my father and I sat, touched and smelled the new for 2003 Marauder. I even have pictures of the show car, and each of us sitting in the drivers seat. I fell in love with the car then. At the time I had a 98 MGM Hpp in black and a 2000 Crown Vic. Neither were exactly what I wanted but the Marauder sure was the total package. I looked at selling the two cars but I couldn't justify taking a loss on both to step up to a Marauder. My dad liked the Marauder, but he really liked the Towncar.

A few years later I bought my first Marauder. I'm on my second one and sometime soon I'll find a nicely modded one to play with.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

I had always had sports / muscle cars, Camaros and Corvettes when I was young in high school and college. When I got my first full-time job, I realized that a Camaro and Corvette wouldn't serve as reliable transportation all year long, especially in the Northeast winters. I started looking around for a full-size sedan. My brother helped me find my first Crown Vic and then my second, a CV LX HPP. I realized I wanted the size and reliability of the CV LX HPP, but with the horsepower and handling of a muscle car. The CV LX HPP had so much potential, especially if supercharged. I started researching for techniques and parts to make that happen. I then discovered the Marauder! I knew that was the car that I really wanted! Took about three years to find the right one, and I will never forget the moment I saw her. Love at first sight and she has been mine ever since!

I am reasonably close to the owner of a local auto repair shop, and i took my car in to be serviced, being the amazing owner he is, he always gives spectacular cust service, he loaned me a car to drive while said service was being done. that car happened to be an 03 300A, i didn't know what the heck a marauder was. I just knew it was comfy. It wasnt until much later i knew how special it was. The couple hours or so i had it wasn't even enough to soak it all in. so the next weekend i asked the shop owner if i could borrow the car for a hot date i had that Saturday, he agreed and said have it back by Monday morning. by Sunday I had a new girlfriend and also a new love for a car. so ever since then every time i ran in to the shop owner i told him i had to have the car. he told me its not going anywhere and he would sell it for what he paid for it, he held on to it long enough for this young guy to save up the 5000 dollars to buy the car some 5 months later. Now the car is mine and i am happily engaged to the women for whom i borrowed it for in the first place

I had been driving a silver '95 Taurus SHO auto for 8 years. It was getting creaky, rattly, and expensive with over 280,000 miles. I was car shopping with little seriousness. I had driven a Caddy STS, a Nissan Altima SE-R and a Maxima with the goofy longitudinal sunroof. Everything was front wheel drive. Then Tom Archambault cruises into my store to upgrade the audio and security on his 2004 SB/sunroof Marauder and it was larger than life! Rumbling exhaust, huge power, and a sunroof. I jokingly announced that I had dibs if he ever sold it. This was a $38,000 car and there was NO WAY to make that happen with my income. The rebuttal was "Find your own - I ain't gonna sell it". The guy I worked with drove a new '05 Navigator and the Lincoln-Mercury dealership service manager was none other than Carfixer. I mentioned I'd love a Marauder and would appreciate if he could use his position to locate one eventually that I could afford. I thought this fell on deaf ears but several months later I get an email from Claude for a silver 2004 sunroof with 13K miles just a short drive across the state. I still have the ad printed from Auto Trader! I got financing online and went and made her mine. She was a Red Carpet Lease sold at Star Lincoln Mercury in Michigan and had a dirty CarFax because of an altercation with a fire hydrant and passenger front door. I used this information to leverage a deal out the door with TTT for $24,300 for a one year old Marauder. Twelve years later with 49K miles on the odometer I still get chills when I hear all that angry aluminum roar to life under that sinister silhouette.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by camaro_dude15 View Post
    I am reasonably close to the owner of a local auto repair shop, and i took my car in to be serviced, being the amazing owner he is, he always gives spectacular cust service, he loaned me a car to drive while said service was being done. that car happened to be an 03 300A, i didn't know what the heck a marauder was. I just knew it was comfy. It wasnt until much later i knew how special it was. The couple hours or so i had it wasn't even enough to soak it all in. so the next weekend i asked the shop owner if i could borrow the car for a hot date i had that Saturday, he agreed and said have it back by Monday morning. by Sunday I had a new girlfriend and also a new love for a car. so ever since then every time i ran in to the shop owner i told him i had to have the car. he told me its not going anywhere and he would sell it for what he paid for it, he held on to it long enough for this young guy to save up the 5000 dollars to buy the car some 5 months later. Now the car is mine and i am happily engaged to the women for whom i borrowed it for in the first place

That is poetry my friend!!!
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

I have a simple answer for you for why I choose to buy a marauder bought a trilogy supercharger before I even OWNED THE DAM
    CAR !!! so I Kinda had to buy one lol love my car
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Neat thread.

Like many who have posted, I wanted something 'different'. When I purchased my '04 in December of 2005, I didn't see many at the time.

12+ years later, the 'uniqueness' factor has obviously increased, since at least once per week someone will undoubtedly ask me at a stoplight, gas pump, etc. if I want to sell the car. I even had someone leave their business card on my windshield at work recently asking it I wanted to sell.

Amswer is always the same - no, but thanks.

'04 MM~Black/Light Flint

Special Service Vehicles at:
    http://www.sspmustang.org

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information