Thread: Funny story.

Funny story.

So I took my boys out for lunch today. When we left we went out the garage and I closed the electric garage door behind us from the inside. We took the truck and I have no garage door opener in it because my father in law took it to Arizona with him after using it while he visited. When we got home I realized that I had locked the glass storm door from the inside earlier and did not have a key for it. So, what to do?

I tried prying the storm door open but needed a big screwdriver or something to basically break into my house. Of course all my tools were in the garage and I have never found the code to the door keypad on the Marauder.

Luckily my neighbor, who is a cop, was home and I asked for a screwdriver to borrow. In the explanation as to what happened I mentioned that I had a garage door opener in the Marauder (luckily programed to open my garage with instructions from here). After hearing that, he said he had a way to get into my car. He takes out a metal slim jim and a wedge from his police vehicle and was in my car in, I kid you not, three seconds.

Makes me wonder what that little blinking red light is for. Thought I had some sort of horn alarm. But, I am happy that I programmed that garage door opener on the Marauder. All's well that ends well.
    Last edited by Jtrip; 05-21-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Great story! Although the red blinking light on the dashboard looks good, that's all it does. There is a panic button on the key fob, but there was no factory alarm. That's why you want to have an aftermarket alarm system installed, whether it is Viper, Clifford, Python or other.

https://www.safewise.com/blog/compar...larm-products/

The little red light is the passive anti theft. If they screw with car's ignition it won't start. Your key has a small transmitter in it that lets the PATS know to allow the car to start. Yes, these older cars with the old type locks are a piece of cake to get into with a slimjim. I never kept track, but I probably unlocked at least 1,000 cars for people over the years as a LEO. Some are easy and some, well, the brick method works better...
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Does your Keypad on the Driver's Door not work??
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    Does your Keypad on the Driver's Door not work??
    It works. I don't know the code.

On a trunk hinge and other places in the car....perhaps someone can expose the other hiding places??
    No Marauder

Door code

A dealer can pull the code .

I had these white stickers found in my owners manual with the code on it. I put these everywhere including under armrest/center console lid and glove box. Never forget that way.

"That's what." - She

Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder 'S' - Kenny Brown Signature Edition #10 of 10
    Silver Birch #126 of 4,453
    Mercury Division, Ford Motor Company, Panther/Marauders #7,221 of 7,839

MercuryMarauder.Net Member #111 (!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrip View Post
    It works. I don't know the code.
    Remove a few screws on the driver door panel. The door code is right on the door module in the lower front corner. Takes 3 minutes to R & R a door panel with tools.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Thread Information