Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Factory Ford Escape in dash 6-CD changer installed

The ONLY difference between the AUX and AUX/s is the software chip inside. I talked to the lead R&D guy there today and I am trying to work something out.

As for the harness.... If you take the radio out and look all the way down and to the right you will see a cavity that the black box will fit into after you shave the mounting ears off with a bench grinder. You will not get it back out after you press it into place without using a small saw and simply triming a small piece of plastic out of the way. Trust me, no biggie, maybe a 1/2 inch or so. You will see what i'm talking about when you go to remove it in the future. As for the wiring, just route the best that you can, trial and error. I never did get the right side to fully clip into place, but you really couldn't tell, even after I pointed it out to other members.

There is also a FRD03-pod/s that lets you use the buttons on your radio and I think the wheel also. This is not cheap, the best I found so far is $139.00.

Also there is an FRD04-pod/s. Haven't dug around enough yet to know the difference. I will be talking to the manager of PIE monday to get further details.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Damn, now I have to spend money again...
    03 Black sequence number #2228 of 7838. First day of Gold Coolant.

I found this site with some interchange info I thought might be helpful. I'm looking for one now.
    03 Black sequence number #2228 of 7838. First day of Gold Coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    There is also a FRD03-pod/s that lets you use the buttons on your radio and I think the wheel also. This is not cheap, the best I found so far is $139.00.

What I have read the FRD03-pod/s replace the satellite controls on the steering wheel and the radio) for use of the iPod.

Please tell me there is not a different FRD03-pod/s for steering wheel controls.

Thanks for all the leg work I will indeed be buying this FRD03 (04)-pod/s before my speaker/amp upgrade.

Ok.

I just talked to the sales manager, here is our three options.

1) FRD03 AUX - Stock radio, hard wired hook up, Audio only, no frills, but great sound

2) FRD03 AUX/S - Basically any 6 disc radio with SAT function that will directly plug into our cars. Same as above, no difference.

3) FRD03 POD/S - Will only play 2008 and OLDER Ipods and have the capability of using steering wheel controls to control the songs off the Ipod. Very nice system, but was told it was quicky fading away because of newer and newer Ipods coming out that do not work with this. He didn't mention anything about a newer system in the works.

4) FRD03 /PC /POD2 - Will not work.

Hope this helps.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Well I just got mines today and the sound is incredible, a great buy for those that have the majority of their music on an IPod. I should of went with the FRD03-POD/S (utilize steering wheel control to operate IPod) but get I'll it down the road, no hurry.

Sorry to bump and old thread but does anyone have any leads on one of these headunits other than eBay?
    -2003 Mercury Marauder 300a-

Quote Originally Posted by CKMustangCobra View Post
    Sorry to bump and old thread but does anyone have any leads on one of these headunits other than eBay?
    I've been using this to watch local parts yards:

http://www.car-part.com/

Quote Originally Posted by swc69 View Post
    I've been using this to watch local parts yards:

http://www.car-part.com/
    A place located one for me a month or a couple ago.

I have the receipt at the shop. I will get it and post up the information.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    A place located one for me a month or a couple ago.

I have the receipt at the shop. I will get it and post up the information.
    This is the place I got mine from:

http://www.pamsauto.com/

That is a deal at ots current price.

Write to the seller and ask him for teh model number (it is long).

Click on the pics you can see the model number.. Its all the same as the one thats recommended
    in this post but the last two are AD Instead of FD

Do some research. I believe the last two letters relate to production dates.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Do some research. I believe the last two letters relate to production dates.
    They are the same and are interchangeable regardless of the last two characters....bought an Audiophile "FC" on this site from another member instead of the "FD" (or otherwise) with no issues...

Good bump on this thread...grabbed me a PIE unit based on post # 102, 104, 106 etc.. so thanks justbob!

Best,
    Jonathan

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information