Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Kooks Question...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,771

    Kooks Question...

    Hey Gang,

    Getting around to ordering the Kooks setup, couple questions:

    1. What mufflers are included in the header back system? Is it the Magaflows?

    2. Is there just one size for this setup? Pipe diameter wise?

    3. I'm planning on putting a s/c on my MM....anything I need to worry about after putting this setup on before the s/c?

    4. Sounds like the ceramic coating is worth it...but is it worth it to have Kooks do it for $250 or have it done around here somewhere?

    Appreciate any information. I just want to do it right, especially if I'm spending this much $$ on a setup.
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

    1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

    2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,925
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveO
    Hey Gang,

    Getting around to ordering the Kooks setup, couple questions:

    1. What mufflers are included in the header back system? Is it the Magaflows?
    yes

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveO
    2. Is there just one size for this setup? Pipe diameter wise?
    Two types one for s/c one for n/a

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveO
    3. I'm planning on putting a s/c on my MM....anything I need to worry about after putting this setup on before the s/c?
    not to my knowalge, maybe someone has better info

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveO
    4. Sounds like the ceramic coating is worth it...but is it worth it to have Kooks do it for $250 or have it done around here somewhere?
    If I were going to get it get it from them I would have them coat it too.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,771
    So will I have problems adding the S/C Kooks set up on a N/A car and running it like that for a few months?

    Would it be worth it to just wait and get them all done around the same time?
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

    1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

    2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,759
    Yes, you're absolutely fine. The only difference is the S/C Kook's setup the primaries are larger, that's never a bad thing...

    I have the Kook's on my Trilogy car, works awesome.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    Yes, you're absolutely fine. The only difference is the S/C Kook's setup the primaries are larger, that's never a bad thing...

    I have the Kook's on my Trilogy car, works awesome.

    Thanks! Ordering it today.

    Sounds like the s/c setup will work out for a few months before the s/c.
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

    1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

    2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,771
    Well I called them to confirm the different sizes and the guy on the phone said there was only 1 size.

    He also said the headers were stainless steel and that ceramic coating was a waste of time.

    Thoughts?
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

    1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

    2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    Headers
    Retail Price: $687.90
    Member Pricing: $580.90 in either (1 5/8" x 2.5" OR 1 3/4" x 3")
    This is from this thread

    I have read many times that the ceramic coating was a good thing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,759
    I REALLY wish they'd stop telling people that.

    #1, Talk to Nick. He's the one who confirmed the sizes available.

    Second, The stainless headers without coating look like crap after a week, completely patina'd and brown'd over from the heat. My ceramic coated headers look as gorgeous today as they did the day I put them on.

    Personally, I don't call good looks and heat containment a waste of time...

    They have to sub-out the ceramic coat which I suspect has alot to do with them suggesting it's a waste of time. Theirs.

    In short, get them coated.

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveO
    Well I called them to confirm the different sizes and the guy on the phone said there was only 1 size.

    He also said the headers were stainless steel and that ceramic coating was a waste of time.

    Thoughts?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    I REALLY wish they'd stop telling people that.

    #1, Talk to Nick. He's the one who confirmed the sizes available.

    Second, The stainless headers without coating look like crap after a week, completely patina'd and brown'd over from the heat. My ceramic coated headers look as gorgeous today as they did the day I put them on.

    Personally, I don't call good looks and heat containment a waste of time...

    They have to sub-out the ceramic coat which I suspect has alot to do with them suggesting it's a waste of time. Theirs.

    In short, get them coated.

    Thanks again.

    Thats what I was thinking, just wanted to confirm it.


    Mark.
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

    1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

    2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,771
    Order placed.

    Full system with ceramic coating.

    I left a message and got a call back from someone...they again tried to talk me out of the ceramic coating but said it would be done if I ordered it.

    Thanks for all the help Logan and SoulRiot.

    Just gotta print out pages and pages of install instructions now
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

    1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

    2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    I REALLY wish they'd stop telling people that.

    #1, Talk to Nick. He's the one who confirmed the sizes available.

    Second, The stainless headers without coating look like crap after a week, completely patina'd and brown'd over from the heat. My ceramic coated headers look as gorgeous today as they did the day I put them on.
    When I spoke with nick nearly 2 months ago for the larger sized headers...he said then that they would not make the 1 3/4" anymore...only one size for the Marauder. He also said not to coat them...

    So I tried to do biz with them...but went in another direction on both for the project car.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    62
    Posts
    6,837
    I fully and completely agree w/Logan on this. Get the headers ceramic coated no matter what they tel you even if you have to send them out somewhere yourself after they're delivered. Otherwise they WILL get discolored from the heat weather they're stainless steel ot not. Like Logan, I have the Kooks headers too, and mine are ceramic coated and also look as good now as the day I put them on despite going through 4 major snow storms and being driven daily all through the winter.

    As far as the header primary diameter, don't concern yourself. I have the 1 5/8" primary tube diameter headers, and they were great before the car was S/Ced, and they're still great now that it is S/Ced. Just look at my 1/4 mile times. The mufflers are the 18" Magnaflow straight-thru design ones, and they sound great. You will NOT be dissappointed!!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,759
    Marking... calender...

    Day...Billy....agreed...comple tely...with...me...

    There. All done.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hiram, Georgia
    Age
    61
    Posts
    17,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    Marking... calender...

    Day...Billy....agreed...comple tely...with...me...

    There. All done.
    Wow, that's twice in one day that I laughed. Scarey.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    62
    Posts
    6,837
    Marking... calender...

    Day...Billy....agreed...comple tely...with...me...

    .....yes, miracles DO happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 03:06 PM
  2. Reinhart or Kooks exhaust system?
    By tmac1337 in forum Exhaust
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 07:46 PM
  3. Kook's Headers/exhaust results:
    By BillyGman in forum Exhaust
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 11:05 AM
  4. Kook's headers/exhaust update:
    By BillyGman in forum Exhaust
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 08:13 AM
  5. Welcome Kook's Custom Headers!!!
    By Logan in forum News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •