Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragcity Marauder - Build it plan

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    I think DOOM had over 500, but , Cobra block etc. Buckwheat has the it M122 stuff on his Trilogy.
    Doom was 512 iirc, and had tons of appealing mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Doom was 512 iirc, and had tons of appealing mods

I miss Jake’s bone breaking hugs every year. Like seriously, it honestly hurt, but I looked forward to the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

If I can get real close to 500 RWHP I will be happy.

I'll build the rotating assembly to handle way more than that, but I really like the Trilogy setup. It's so clean and compact. If 500 is its limit, so be it.
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Dragcity Marauder - Build it plan

I was happier when my car had 440ish at the wheels, overall drive ability was better, 500+, plan on, bigger brakes, built trans, Dyno tech driveshaft, new rear control arms, adjustable rear shocks, widened wheels, race fuel, then wait for the next weak point. I’ve lived the dream, wish I wouldn’t had modded the car to the point of being un-drive able , the wins were epic, but the cost to get there was phenomenal.

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I was happier when my car had 440ish at the wheels, overall drive ability was better, 500+, plan on, bigger brakes, built trans, Dyno tech driveshaft, new rear control arms, adjustable rear shocks, widened wheels, race fuel, then wait for the next weak point. I’ve lived the dream, wish I wouldn’t had modded the car to the point of being un-drive able , the wins were epic, but the cost to get there was phenomenal.

The next week point - rear end.. Been there a few times.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    The next week point - rear end.. Been there a few times.

I took heed of some of the issues you had and built the rear end prior to blowing it to pieces, I was on borrowed time

I have the Detroit Trutrac with 31 spline axles and solid control arms. Transmission is going out for a rebuild as it has over 100,000 miles on it and lots of Trliogy miles. I will take note of that comment that 440 was more fun than 500. I really do enjoy driving the car. 8 already have the widened wheels. Nitto Drag radials installed. Upgraded rear shocks. Drive shaft is the only thing in that mix that is stock. I did replace u joints.

What do you think about me re-using the Teksid Mark viii stock crank? It's nodular. Although, if I stroke it, I'll need a new crank anyway. I'll just go forged then...
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Must - Go - Faster !

I was able to get the Teksid block all torn down. The rod and main bearings barely have a polish on most spots. Crank is perfect. Bores are perfect.

I need to do some careful grinding work on the Knock sensor bosses and six tabs up high on the sides of the valley so the intercooler clears.

I am still not sure if I want to stroke this engine or not. The bores could probably stay standard bore at 3.552. The stock crank is Nodular from my research. Could be re-used ??

What I have been reading about stroking is, I'll need to increase boost to realize any notable gains from stroking. I was only at 9.7# so I have a little to gain in that area.
    Must - Go - Faster !

Stock crank good for 600+ hp. Mine is stock, nitride coated. I don't feel stroking with a Trilogy is worth it. It's a 1.9 blower. It has its limits, I'm pushing mine over too far. It's a street car to me
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Good advice right there. I don't want to push anything over 75% of its capabilities. I love driving this car and like to beat on it once in a while. Never going to be a track car. Once in a while to the strip for some fun runs with the local folks, but my racing days are over.

Thanks a lot everyone.
    Must - Go - Faster !

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    I have a ported trilogy, LFP intercooler, Killer Chiller, 2.8 Upper, 4lb lower, UPR tensioner, Run 15+ lbs boost, 495 rwhp on 93 octane.Diamond pistons, Eagle rods, Nitrided stock crank
    Those are good numbers. What compression ratio is your engine?

I don't know as the pistons and rods replaced before I got car.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

ON that note about compression ratio... How high can I go? I think I saw some 11.0:1 pistons out there. If I am not going over 10 lb of boost from the standard Trilogy Supercharger, the compression ratio can go up, as long as all those whacky valves clear.
    Must - Go - Faster !

Well, time to revive this thread.

I finally have my Teksid block in at a local machine shop. Next week it gets the hot tank, torque plated and clean-up. We may be able to keep the 3.552 bore, just a quick square up and polish. 0.010 over are expensive pistons. I will be keeping with the stock stroke. There are lots of rotating assemblies put there, but I can see I will not be doing this on any sort of reasonable budget.

After tearing down the blown up engine, I have realized there is absolutely nothing I can re-use. The failure has put too much stress on every single component of the short block. I am not even confident in the heads at this point. Combustion chamber #1 is banged up pretty good. All the valves look good, but my confidence in their ability to go on is not there.

#1 connecting rod broke. #1 piston was broken into two major pieces and a thousand smaller pieces. The wrist pin shattered and wound up in the mix. All the rings were twisted and wound up everywhere in the engine.. #2 connecting rod broke. the piston stayed in one piece and in it's bore. #'s 3, 5, 6 and 7 had bent rods. Only rods that were looking straight were 4 and 8. The bloc has several ventilation holes in it. three on the sides from rods, two in the valley from the meat grinder of a crankshaft. Needless to say, it is n absolute mess.

Really not looking forward to spending $10,000 on a rebuild here. Heads are an unwanted surprise. I have no ide if anyone can repair a banged up casting at position #1. I will try to post up pictures of this mess. It's a lot worse than I thought.

I am now into Oil pump, pickup, windage tray, and pan, all are bent and damaged. The entire timing system has experienced too much stress.

**** !
    Must - Go - Faster !

Good to see you getting back on this Joe. Sorry about all the damage but you know the saying if you're going to play you're going to pay. I do have quite a collection of engine parts here so if I can help you with anything lmk. Also have a friend with a machine shop down here on the Island that can weld up just about any damage to aluminum if that is a viable option for you. I'm sure there has to be someone in your area that can probably handle that, Oddy's Automotive in Elma comes to mind if he hasn't retired. Only met the man once but Jim is very knowledgeable, an extremely successful racer & real easy to deal with a good guy for sure.
    Last edited by mustangeddie; 07-06-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information