Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The impossible task...

The impossible task...

I have light flint interior and need to install the gauge pod on the pillar and it is a practical impossibility to find Light Flint paint. I mean, I have tried. The ONLY place I seem to even have a chance is an eBay seller 'paintmyride1' and I have bought from him TWICE and both times I got a refund saying the item was out of stock. Incidentally the sale is STILL up and he will not answer messages. I don't have a plan B and my progress has pretty much stopped. I guess I could go to Leather Medic or Dr Vinyl but really prefer to not spend over $100 to have something done that I am perfectly capable of accomplishing. By chance has anybody had any luck with SEM colors?
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

go to an auto paint store..they can find what you need
    2003 300A BLK/DC
    153K : runs like a swiss watch...
    395/7838

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    I have light flint interior and need to install the gauge pod on the pillar and it is a practical impossibility to find Light Flint paint. I mean, I have tried. The ONLY place I seem to even have a chance is an eBay seller 'paintmyride1' and I have bought from him TWICE and both times I got a refund saying the item was out of stock. Incidentally the sale is STILL up and he will not answer messages. I don't have a plan B and my progress has pretty much stopped. I guess I could go to Leather Medic or Dr Vinyl but really prefer to not spend over $100 to have something done that I am perfectly capable of accomplishing. By chance has anybody had any luck with SEM colors?
    Try these guys.

http://www.gaugepods.com/mercury.html

I believe they made the A pillar pods specifically for the Marauder. I know because I was involved with getting it done.

Let me know if I can help.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Lightbulb

BAD MERC - I have light flint interior... By chance has anybody had any luck with SEM colors?

SEM Flexible Coating WARM GRAY *Part # 15183

I appreciate that. I bought the dual gauge pod maybe three years ago and it's installed on an extra piece of light flint pillar trim. It's time to begin installing what I can install before Eaton swap teardown. I bought three different grays from AAP and the color and sheen were always off BAD.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

I also Have a silver birch with light flint. When the previous owner installed the gauge pod he changed the 2 front pillars to charcoal gray using SEM paint. It's all personal preference but I agree with him, it looks better. Just food for thought.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Lightbulb

blazen71... changed the 2 front pillars to charcoal gray using SEM paint....
    Used the following to paint the A-pillar with guage pod...

SEM Flexible Coating GRAPHITE *Part # 15303

note: Not an exact match, however out of the SEM offerings tried, it was good enough for government work. That and, because it's the A-pillar any difference wasn't THAT noticeable.

I work at ABE Paints on Plantation between colonial and daniels. We have a camera that can analyze the color and produce a matching paint.... we even produce aerosol spray cans of the paints. you just need an item about the size of a business card for the camera to scan.

Ok that is excellent and I appreciate that info. Hope the car is coming along smoothly...

2004 Mercury Marauder
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

not yet... thanks for asking. will be ordering the rest of my parts in a week or two... timing guides, gaskets, seals, motor and trans mounts etc... also doing the j mod while its out of the car too. debating on doing powdercoating on the timing cover, coil covers, cam covers, and intake at the same time.

Car Interior Paint | Interior Automotive Paint | ColorBond (colorbondpaint.com) #29 Ford LT Flint They match every color. My Town Car and Crown Vic sport I used it on and the seats look brand new

Quote Originally Posted by svtmerc View Post
    not yet... thanks for asking. will be ordering the rest of my parts in a week or two... timing guides, gaskets, seals, motor and trans mounts etc... also doing the j mod while its out of the car too. debating on doing powdercoating on the timing cover, coil covers, cam covers, and intake at the same time.
    Do the powdercoating. Last year I did the same parts and it looks so much nicer!
    Attachment 52476
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    Do the powdercoating. Last year I did the same parts and it looks so much nicer!
    Attachment 52476

Holy god that is gorgeous. During my Eaton Swap I am powdercoating the supercharger silver and the cam covers will be wrinkle finish Ford blue. The billet coil covers will give a nice pop, too. Ihave a spare set of cam covers I am going to sell after the swap.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

looks great! I plan on doing a polished aluminum look on the timing cover and intake and undecided on the cam covers, and need to find a nice set of coil covers. did you do anything to the block or alternator? or just cleaned up?

New Alt. and cleaned the block

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information